Zillow Advertising Guidelines
- Standard banners:
- GIF, JPEG, PNG, HTML, Flash 6.0
- Standard rich media:
- Flash, HTML, Third-Party Rich Media. Third-party tags must be Iframe format.
- Email newsletter banners:
- GIF and JPEG only — one clickthrough. No animation
Expansion Rules for Rich Media
Must be either Mouse Over/Mouse Off or Click Open/Click Close
- Mouse Over/Mouse Off:
- When user passes mouse over ad, the ad will expand; when user removes mouse from ad the ad retracts.
- Click Open/Click Close:
- Panel opens with user click. Panel closes on either click or at end of animation period.
Zillow requires 2 business days prior to campaign launch dates for receipt of standard creative assets. Zillow requires 5 business days prior to campaign launch dates for receipt of rich media creative assets on Zillow.
In-Banner Audio and Video
- User-initiated audio is accepted (ad must be muted until user interacts specifically with the ad).
- No host-initiated audio is permitted on Zillow.
- Ad creative must contain clearly visible "mute" and "stop" functionality.
Video (in-banner streaming)
- Video can be host or user-initiated and must have standard controls (play/pause, audio/mute, and stop).
- Maximum length: 15 seconds
- User-initiated audio is only accepted.
- Zillow reserves the right to reject any insertion, graphic, text description, or URL.
- Total animation cannot exceed 15 seconds. Animation can begin again on mouse over, but must stop immediately on mouse off.
- All ads must open a new window on click-through.
- Generally, faux-functionality—or misleading users into clicking on an ad—is not permitted. As a general rule, true functionality ads should avoid use of Zillow color schemes. If the functionality ads do use Zillow color schemes, however, the ads must include text such as "advertisement" (in the upper bar or top left-hand side of the banner).
- Ads may not employ rapid / "strobing" animation of any graphic, copy, or background element(s).
- Banners should be encased in a border and distinct from the content. If borderless, a banner must contain the advertiser's name to signify that it is an ad creative banner, not content.
- Ads must be designed with a solid/opaque background to avoid color conflicts on the display page.
- Ads may not interact with or manipulate Zillow content (e.g. highlighting text, moving content, changing color of text, etc.).
- No pop-up ads are allowed on Zillow.
- Sponsor of the advertising message must be clearly identified.
- Advertiser's landing page must match the offer being made in the advertisement.
- Standard banners:
- GIF, JPEG, Standard Third-party Tags.
- Standard Rich Media:
- Flash, HTML, Third-party Rich Media.
- E-mail newsletter banners:
- GIF and JPEG only.
Zillow requires 5 business days prior to campaign launch dates for receipt of standard banner creative assets and 10 days for complex rich media creative assets. Zillow requires 10 days prior to campaign launch for receipt of video assets.
Please send advertising creative to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
In the subject line of the e-mail, please include the following:
(e.g., Zillow - ING Direct - The Orange Savings Account Campaign - Q4 2008)
In order to help us implement your contract as quickly and efficiently as possible, please supply the following in your email:
- Advertiser name as it appears on the insertion order/contract
- Campaign name
- Submitter's name, phone number, and e-mail address
- Site name (e.g., Zillow)
- Zillow sales representative
- Contract start/end date
- All creative banner sizes and creative assets required for flight. No contract can be finalized without proper creative sizes and signed insertion order. File names can be comprised of any number and type of characters as long as they constitute a valid Microsoft Windows filename. For example:
- No commas (,)
- No exclamation points (!)
- Maximum of three creative banners per media plan line item
- Destination URL for creative. No contract can be finalized without working URL. If viable URL is not included, Zillow will default to the URL identified in the contract.
- If you have any special instructions required for the contract, please submit them in a detailed spreadsheet, including filenames of additions and deletions, start and end dates, and the corresponding line item description.
Want to learn more? Contact a sales representative today
866-324-4005 or contact us