Profile picture for Paden1

106 N. Sandpiper Drive. Dover, DE - APPRAISED for 165k

The seller of this home and her agent (Harrington ERA) agreed that they would negotiate on price if I provided an appraisal.  After providing them with the complete appraisal and written offer they have not responded or offered a counter-offer.  So I'm offering the complete appraisal which came in at 165K (current selling price 200k) to anyone interested in buying this home.

January 04 - US

Be sure your Realtor Member knows that you need to drop your price so that it will be reflected on the market. 

January 04
I am not an appraiser but I do know you need to sell a house twice.  What I mean by that is first you sell the home to the buyer and second you have to sell the house to the mortgage company.  If in the event that the house appraises below the selling price.  The bank will not lend the money.  The lender will only loan what it is appraised for.  The difference must be paid for by the buyer, if they are willing and able or the seller has to come down on the price.  If neither of things happen then the transaction falls apart.  The only other scenario is a cash buyer in which they are willing to pay more than the house is worth. Please remember that appraisers are working with lots of variable information and their work is subjective.  I recommend that you request a market value analysis of this home to see where a Realtor comes in for a value. This may help you understand both points of view. Good Luck. 

January 04