Profile picture for marinecorps230

18458 westphalia st.detroit michigan

can anybody help me with trying to locate the true owners of this property,i think i have been dealing with an imposter..i sent them money..??
  • February 03 2011 - Van Steuban
  • 0

Profile picture for ccut4help

Marinecorps230, I hired a realtor the same way I hire an attorney (paid a $600 retainer fee and signed an agent contract) and he's been helping me look at a whole bunch of low priced houses.  There are so many scam artists out there to take your cash, that the best way to protect yourself right now is with a realtor, but they have to get something for their time and gas; because on a $15K house they only earn about $400-$500.

I did a double check ... found the property under Detroit Public records. I cannot give the name of the company on Zillow, but I can let you know they are located in New Jersey.

I juct checked Wayne County public records and that is not a valid address.

Here's the link to the Wayne County Tax Dept property search.

There's no guarantee that the site is up to date if the property has recently changed hands.

http://www.waynecounty.com/treasurer_payonline.htm

If you answered an ad on Craigslist, and the owner was overseas and therefore you couldn't see the property, and they promised to give you the keys when you moved, there is a good chance you have been scammed.