Profile picture for Dave Pressel

2 Zillow Loans Today!

Well, I ended up writing 2 loan applications today off of Zillow. One was an 80% Agency Jumbo $560K 30 fixed here in NJ. The other was for a person who was relocating from Louisiana to Tennessee and was a $360K FNMA loan.

Both were so nice to chat with -- the Tennessee loan in particular was basically us chatting back and forth for 2 hours and if things go positive I may have some cajun shrimp coming my way.....

Just thought I would pass along some positive news

Woohooo!

DP
  • July 14 2008 - US
  • 1

Congrats DP!  Let us know when they close!  I may have a $725k deal from a quote back in April.  He contacted me today for GFE's, keep yer fingies crossed!

Profile picture for Dave Pressel
I'm rooting you in Tammy. Now if you will excuse me, Jennifer Aniston just stopped by......

DP

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!

Profile picture for Dave Pressel
I will keep you posted as to how things go. Both are high FICO loans......although one has a 61 DTI so wil be a nice test of my Approve / Eligible theory with FNMA 7.0 of dropping the rate down for qualifying purposes. Is a very low LTV so I think it would fly regardless, but will try it nonetheless.

DP

Profile picture for MORTGAGE OPERATOR

Wow! nice job DP!

I would be interested in hearing how that rate drop-down works out.  I shared that with a colleague of mine today as she had a deal that ANYONE would have bet the farm would have been an A/E but she got an EA2.

Profile picture for Dave Pressel
Wach,

First of all, I apologize for buying the August 7.50 puts today in Wachovia.....:)

Now, there is a topic from today that mentions DO/DU -- basically take whatever rate you know you are going to give the borrower and simply drop it by 50-100 bps when you run thru DO the first time (or DU). Typically, with good FICO loans the A/E will come back with a tolerance level on rate that will be anywhere from 50 to usually 100bps above the rate input into DO or DU. If you have a low LTV low ratio creampuff loan this obviously is not necessary -- is more for the tight DTI loans with good to great FICO scores.

Keep in mind though: if you have a lower FICO loan then this probably will not work (and with an EA2 I am suspecting you have a sub 700 (and quite probably a sub 680) FICO working right now.....nothing you can do for this one but may work on future ones

DP

Dave, how many did you have to quoye before you got those 2 loans? Im curious, it seems like the contact ratio is very abysmal. Doesnt seem worth the effort.

Congrats Dave !!!!

Good news !!!

Dave,

Congrats and great job.  It pays to be you.

Excellent news.  Congratulations, Dave!

The mortgage guy - the contact ratio is very low, about 1 to 2% for me.

That is about the correct ratio currently, but will probably rise with Zillow credibility and age and localizing your quotes as well. Anonymity from requesters will always lower retention rate.

Profile picture for Nickelnm

that's great!!  Wish I could just get a person who I quoted to contact me.  Baby steps.

Although, I am not as active as I should be.

Profile picture for Whitman Met

Congrats!

We finally got our first one signed today!

Profile picture for Dave Pressel

That's awesome Dylan / Kat.......you never forget your first (Zillow appliction)....:)

Is really starting to click now....did one yesterday and just did another an hour ago.  It is so imperative to be as accurate as possible. 

I just quoted a $665K jumbo loan in CA and WhitmanMet emailed me making sure I knew it was an investment property since the rate was pretty good,  which I did not (it said "paying off primary HELOC so I just went with that without digging deeper"

Remember -- honesty will never get you bashed and we all goof (some, like myself, more than others....:)

DP

Great job DP and Kat. Nice to hear good news here. I have only quoted 42 and had 1 contact at about the 30 mark. Plan on quoting a lot more in the future because this is a good place to be.

Congrats DP!  Awsome!!  

1-2% contact is has been about correct with more lenders being added everyday that is sure to go down. keep up the good work.

I have a zero percent ratio.

Dave and Kat -

Glad to hear about your loans. Good luck! ü