2 year employment history as a contractor for mortgage?

I'm a contractor
2009 - 2011 August TIER II Support (staffing agency A)
2011-August - current Software Engineer(Staffing Agency B)

I plan on labeling my job field as IT(Information Technology) in the application.
Now, is there a way underwriter would go about and find out what role as a contractor i work, and find out or would they just verify with my current staffing agency and verfiy my W2. By the way i plan on buying Next year 2013 around April. or should i wait till August of 2013 to consider my position as same line of work to qualify for loans.

Thanks in advance.
  • August 18 2012 - US
  • 0

Seems to me that IT Engineer would cover all the bases. And, from what you are telling us, it seems like you could apply now, as long as the other ducks are in line (credit score and debt ratio, etc.)