Profile picture for dlbaney

2007 150k Addition

In 2007 we added, FR, BR, expanded 1/2bath to full and moved Laundry plus other changes du to the reno. i.e. siding, new electric panel, etc.    Prior to this our home was appraised at $284k; due to the market since then with the 650sq ft addition, the house according to Zillow is valued at $239K? maybe.   If I had to value my house today with the addition and w/o the addition I would like to know the difference in value.
  • September 26 2012 - Bath
  • 0

Profile picture for Dublinguy
Without having any additional information I'll be willing to give you some general parameters to help you answer your question. I agree get a Realtor to give you a CMA to establish todays market value; until then here are some general thoughts. I guess the cost of the addition & changes had a cost of around 40K. Add that to your pre value basis of 284K, you were comewhere around 325K. From'06 till the present assume a 25% decline in value, your area could be more, could be less. That would put you in the area of 243K at the present time.

Profile picture for nwhome.us
Remodeling Magazine does an annual report of Cost vs, Value for you.
Pick the nearest city and you should be able to get a rough idea.  Otherwise connect with a Realtor and have them do a CMA for you.