Profile picture for cinammonswirl

30 Day Closing?

I currently have FICO scores in the mid 700 range and I am looking to buy a home in the 29229 zip code area of Columbia, SC.  I will be securing a VA Home Loan for the purchase.  I would like to maintain a monthly mortgage that will not exceed $1100.00.  Realistically speaking, what would the purchase price (with all variables included., insurance, hoa fees, etc.) have to be in order to achieve this?  Once I acquire the services of a realtor/real estate agent, I would like to close within a month.  I will be conducting the process while in PA and and wanted to know if the entire process can be done with a months' time.

• August 14 2012 - Seven Oaks
  • 0

Profile picture for Academy Mortgage AZ
Cinammonswirl, 

Get all your documentation together and see if a lender will underwrite your file as a credit package subject to: purchase contract, appraisal and title work.   With a competitive real estate market this can give you an advantage over other offers.

Chad

Profile picture for funds2
Your qualification and payment is based on credit score, and actual taxes, ins. and HOA fees.  They can vary even with in a zip code but $1,100 payment would equate to $160-$175K loan amount. I would locate a lender in SC and begin the pre approval process. 30 days for a closing date can lead to unrealistic expectations. It also would involve some delays if you are in PA and closing by email/FedX.  Never set a closing date without lender giving you assurance they will be able to meet the date.