Profile picture for ajhagstrom

528 N. Treat st

Can you tell me why you want to sell?

Also if you are interested in selling why not list it for sale?

February 01 2008

Sam Hughes will always be desirable because of its location, there are actually many subdivisions which make up the larger Sam Hughes Community.  If anyone is interested in what is for sale in Sam Hughes, give a local Realtor a call.
To answer the other part of this question, many sellers believe if they try to sell by themselves (FSBO) they will save money vs paying a Realtor commission to sell their home.
Spirit

Yep - since there are so few questions being posed in Sam Hughes - thought it might be helpful to folks looking at the neighborhood to get an answer on what this home eventually sold for (especially since it was just last summer)!

February 04 2010
Is this original question posted really 2 years old?

February 04 2010
Just for everyone's info - this particular house sold for $284,000 in July of 2009.

There are a few homes of similar size within a couple blocks of this location for sale between $218,000 and $265,000

February 04 2010
Profile picture for jmaland
Sure, I'll put more pics up ... I just put up the description/pics about our house a few weeks ago on zillow, so it's neat to get feedback that real people use it. I think a high percentage of owners in the Sam Hughes area are associated with UofA (as faculty, students, staff, ...). My wife has been a student over the 5 years we have lived here. We also like to walk the dogs and go for runs from our place to UofA. It's a great area in central Tucson.

Jim

February 02 2008
Profile picture for ajhagstrom
Hi Jim,

thanks for your honest answer. My husband and I also love the Sam Hughes area. My husband is going to be doing a psychiatry residency at U of A, so we have been looking, can you send some pics to me, who knows!

Ann

February 01 2008
Profile picture for jmaland
My wife and I really love our house and the whole Sam Hughes area (lived in it close to 5 years) , but we are expecting our first child this summer so we plan on upgrading sometime this fall (at least for a 3 bedroom and 2 bath or more). Not sure where we are moving to yet (the wife graduates from UofA with her PhD this May, so even considering out of Tucson), but would really consider staying in the Sam Hughes area in a bigger house.

Thanks for asking ... if you're interested, later this year (late summer or into fall) we most likely will be putting it on the market if you are interested in moving into this area. I should post some better/more pics of it on here (but I wasn't sure if people use zillow that much).

Jim

February 01 2008