Profile picture for jim cafferty

7585 Whistlestop Way Value

August 14 2011 - Roseville

Profile picture for DOTYB
stop waisting your time telling me about the market... now pay attention...look at my listing... then look at the other listing on my street...heck look at all the listing in a 2 mile radious... now look at the z-estimate and compair sq.ft. age etc... now... look at the graph of my home in paticular... see how it droped off from the low 200's to the low $100's the day i posted the sale... du! trust me when i say ("IT IS BROKE")... fix it or i will request a refund... i do not have time to open my home to every tom DICK and harry interested in giving me offers for $75,000. i am alread selling under market.

get it?

oh by the way i may have to share this stupidity on face book... i will also post this on the ipad app feedback

Hi Jim,

I am a Realtor in Roseville.  Sun City, with it's well maintained facilities, evident pride of ownership and strong appeal to the senior market has weathered the decline in values since 2006 better than most places in the region.  Your home is one of the larger floor plans in the neighborhood.

Two homes on Whistlewood sold back in April for $480,000 and $482,500.  Both of these homes are smaller than yours but they both have the advantage of backing to the golf course.  The most recent sale almost directly backs to you.  It is smaller and was very clean.  It closed escrow on the 2nd of August for $405,000.  Currently a home on Rosestone (backing to the golf course) is pending sale with a list price of $482,000.

To sum it up, your Zestimate appears to be fairly accurate.  Without seeing your home in person, it is my opinion $440,000 to $460,000 is what your home would likely sell for.  Please keep in mind that this opinion does not take into account upgrades like flooring, cabinets, counters, appliances, window furnishiing, landscaping and a lot of other variables.  It also does not take into account your motivations and time frames.

If you would like more information to support my opinion or if I can be of any further assistance, please let me know. Thanks for the opportunity to serve your real estate needs.

If you are inquiring into the value of your home for the purpose of selling, you can contact a a local Realtor and ask for a CMA (Comparable Market Analysis.
    This analysis will list the recent sales in your neighborhood and provide you with the average price per square foot, days on market and other factors that are important in determining the value of your home.
    Most Realtors will be more than happy to do the research and provide you with the report for free. They will even sit down with you face to face and explain it in detail.

@DorothyBass:  Once facts are edited on a home, it takes time for the Zestimate to adjust.   The last one I monitored was 8 weeks, Zillow says a few weeks to a few months.

Profile picture for DOTYB
That did not work... When I compare with other homes in my hood they are right on... Who do I contact to fix this

It is $455K per Zillow.com, however the subject property has no lot size information on Zillow, if it is your then claim your home on Zillow and edit the missing detail which may affect the subject property's Zestimate.
http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/7585-Whistlestop-Way-Roseville-CA-95747/17738045_zpid/