A home listed under "Make Me Move" for $100. How does this work?

• January 29 2013 - Valley Village
  • 0

Profile picture for Jo Okey
Make me move prices are usually set higher than current market prices, so when they are lower something is fishy!  It could be a typo or they are trying to attract your interest for another reason.  Remember, if it sounds to good to be true, it probably is!

Jo

Profile picture for blue screen exile
If you didn't provide a fair market value offer amount in your correspondence, you likely will not get an answer.  Even if you do, it likely will be a week before you get a response.

I have a MMM set on my house, but I set it at the extremely high side, instead of extremely low side.  But if someone contacted me without something to make it worth my while, I wouldn't contact them back as I don't want to be giving out my Email address nor other contact info.  Once a person replies to such E-mails, they are no longer "anonymous".

Thanks.  I contacted seller but no reply as of yet.

Profile picture for blue screen exile
366 homes in the Continental United States with MMM between $1 and $250...

I'm thinking it means that they are open to a discussion about a possible sale, but they haven't set any price yet.

On the other hand, it could mean that if you are the right party, you get to "move in" and take over payments for that consideration, but that a "spouse" is part of the package... (I read that on Ebay once).

An unrealistic low price means either someone has made a typo, or the home has been mislabeled for status.  

You can contact the party listing the home by opening the home details page, scroll to the bottom and see if they wish to be contacted by E-mail or phone.