Profile picture for dlsolomon40

ABANDONED PROPERTY BEING TRASHED!!!

My wife and have been waiting for several months now to purchase a foreclosed property. It was taken off of the market because they had to redo the whole foreclosure. When this house comes back on the market I plan on pursuing it aggressively. I ride by the house about once a week to make sure everything is still intact. I walked around the house recently and noticed the basement door window has been smashed in. I did not go inside since I know I have no right but I really just want to at least tape up plastic over the window. I really want to make sure there is no further damage or theft inside the house but know I have no right. I really wanna make sure the house doesnt get trashed while I'm waiting. Is ther anything I could do to prevent further damage? 
  • October 27 2012 - US
  • 0

Profile picture for LAUREL JAQUES
Often the local jurisdictions have vacant property registrations and the property may be posted with information on who to contact if anything unusual is noted. If not, alerting the city authorities would be helpful so they can contact the owner of record and also have the police keep an eye on the house.

Profile picture for dlsolomon40
I dont mind playing the waiting game.

Profile picture for Outer Banks N C
Foreclosures get put off or extended all the time making them drag out for a long time. Once it goes into the auction the bank is often the new owner. Once the bank owns it they will check it out, get valuations on it and discuss selling it. That could take 4-12 months, once they actually own it. You may be watching the house for a long time still.

Tim