Profile picture for pinksandbaby

ABC, Charlie Gibson interview w/ Sarah Palin

man.... he is ON her!  And no, not like THAT Socal! LOL!  He's unrelenting.... it's great!

September 12 2008 - US

Profile picture for Lady Chattel

I is watching it too..........

I caught some last night.  I like to see candidates pressured on points where there has been inconsistency (i.e. bridge to nowhere).  She was not very well prepared there and it showed.  However, I am not a fan of the incessant aggressive interview approach.  His facial expressions toward her from the get-go were very unprofessional in my opinion.  And, what about that circus during McCain's time on "The View."  I have just about lost faith in all media.

Profile picture for Coconutcream

She's a moron.

Profile picture for rodeman

"His facial expressions toward her from the get-go were very unprofessional in my opinion"

Perhaps he should have conducted the interview in a mask.  Are you kidding me?  I think it's about time the MSM developed some pelotas and started to ask the tough questions.  I for one would like to see some change in the direction of this country.  I don't think we'll see change in Team McCain.

Profile picture for rodeman

No - I don't think he should have worn a mask.  But, I think that he should have controlled himself better.  Stephanopoulos managed to ask Obama some tough questions in the past without sneering.

I think it is hilarious that liberals slurp it up when the liberal media goes on attack but cry foul and scream when the conservatives do it.  It is wrong in both cases.  I have not considered ABC to be overly biased in its reporting in the past, and I have no problem with difficult questions, but Gibson did not conduct himself well during the interview.

Profile picture for Webster3

I think he asked perfectly valid questions. Seems Charlie knows more about Sarah than McCain does.

Profile picture for Randy_H

The problem K101 is the media has, largely of their own doing, painted themselves into a corner.  They've been so softball for so long now, and so full of hype infotainment, that they cannot start trying to reestablish jouralistic integrity without being accused of bias.  It's a no win.  They're going to have to suffer all kinds of charges of "sneering" and bias as a pennance for not doing their job for so long. 

Frankly, I don't care what kind of faces anyone makes at anybody until we get rid of (or marginalize) all the screaming idiots on both sides.  But so long as O'Reilly and now the other guy -- I forget his name, the anit-O'Reilly -- keep passing off their circus acts as journalism there is no way for the media to win.

Anyway, have you ever watched dry-bones, intense, hyper-professional German media?  Talk about "sneers".  That doesn't detract from performing probably the highest integrity interviews of politicians in the world today.  I say drag the whole lot up on some foreign news journal shows and retranslate that back to English so people can see how the react to real media questioning.

real journalism / reporting doest sell and since"we" have proven to buy hype more than truth, we only have ourselves to blame.

So true Spec. The people today don't seem to want truth, they want entertained. They are also mostly lousy journalists, because they give their viewpoint. It's all a ratings game, and not who does a good job. It's one industry where work performance is not needed. It's all about the hype.

Profile picture for fairygirl43

I really miss Tim Russert. 

Profile picture for Wayne.T_ .....Colo.

Sarah did better answering Charlie than Obama did during his interview with Oriley. 

It will be interesting to see/hear the VP debate this time. 

Profile picture for Randy_H

Calling what O'Riley does an "interview" speaks to the root of the problem.  That you would draw comparative judgement from that side show is exactly what people have been describing is wrong.  Jesus would have a bad "interview" with O'Riley.

The fallacy is in comparing Charlie Gibson to Bill O'Reilly.  Of course Obama's interview with O'Really? didn't go well; I give Barack credit just for agreeing to do it.  It would be like McCain agreeing to do a Keith Oberman interview, which he would never do because he would be eaten alive and he would need a vacation just to recover. 

Profile picture for Randy_H

I predict the VP debate will go as thus:

Biden will destroy Palin on 98% of the issues raised. 

Nonetheless, the verdict on the debate will be that it was a "draw", which means Palin wins since she had lower expecations going in.  People will sympathize with Palin because Biden was such a meanie.  The spinners will milk it for every drop of cynicism possible.

Meanwhile the bloggers will continue to insist Palin won, and that she is in actuality more experienced than Biden because she has lived so close to Russia, or something equally as inane.

I wonder if they'll invite Cthulhu's VP candidate to the debate.  Now that would be worth watching, even though it hasn't chosen one yet.  I'm hoping it comes and picks me.  I was VP of my senior high school class, that must mean I'm qualified given current standards.

Profile picture for 2 Big 2 Fail

Don't put that much faith into Joe Biden.  He has a bad habit of sticking his foot into his mouth.  The other day, he said that Hillary would have been a better choice for VP than him.  I wonder if Palin will use that statement against him at the debate.

So true Alpie, it was a beyond dumb remark by Biden. When interviewing for a job, everyone IDIOT knows not to say that someone else is better. That's politics for ya! lol  ...Where the idiots roam free.

Profile picture for 2 Big 2 Fail

My birthday is in 2 months.  Anyone want to get me a Sarah Palin action figure? LOL.  With the action figure, I can have tons of fun opposing the Bridge to Nowhere after I supported it!

http://www.herobuilders.com/08.htm

I agree, Randy.  The debates will be where it is at for me.  I think I am just going to shut off my televisions and radios and stick to movies and Tivo until then.

And, to show both sides, I have good friends that are highly conservative.  We were discussing politics recently and my hub mentioned something he had heard on NBC and our friend said "why do you bother with that?"  Hub said "I like to hear what is being spun on both sides."  And the friend said .... wait for it...

"Just listen to Rush.  He breaks it all down for you so you don't have to waste your time."

LMAO

I should add that my friend mentioned above has a PhD in Electrical Engineering, and his wife has an MBA from Dartmouth, so it is not really an "intelligence" issue in the traditional sense.

Profile picture for Webster3

I'm afraid what you'll do with that "action" figure on your hot red leather couch Alpine. :-)

Profile picture for Lady Chattel

I like Keith O., but at what point does it just become a sling fest at O'Reilly and vice versa.   I still remember when O'Reilly was dishing the dirt on his TV rag show back in the day.....journalist my arse.  When the media outlets are owned by big bisness and the heads of those companies are in bed with the leaders of our country.......well, it gives new meaning to all reporting on those networks.   

I hear the swiftboat guys are about to unleash a hate campaing on Obama...........at least they understand that the avg American is too ignorant to research the candidates.   Aw heck, it doesn't matter, I pity any fool willing to take this on.......kind of like being voted into office and taking the oath in Jan 1929....poor Hoover, he didn't even have a chance!!!

First of all, she says 'nucular'... ugh....

Secondly, when 'Charlie' questioned her on her 'task from God' statement, she had the nerve to say that she would NEVER presume to know God's plan, and never speak for God. Hmmm... Yeah, suuuuuuure. She must have gotten so offended at our blaspheming President when he said that God spoke to him before the Iraq war then... God? Are you out there? Please get a better interpreter. Thanks.

Hub told me today that he read that Olbermann and Matthews' coverage of the Rep. convention generated so many complaints that they were actually pulled by the network and placed elsewhere.   Personally, I can't stand Olbermann - but I can tolerate Matthews.  Hub also mentioned a Youtube video he saw involving a "row" between Olbermann and Jim Scarborough (a former republican turned dem).  I guess they were on air together and Scarborough mentioned something to the effect that McCain was gaining in some states and it was turning into a close race.  Olbermann's mic was on and he said something like "Jesus, Jim, why don't you use a shovel."   Scarborough became irritated and proceeded then to specifically mention all of the states in which McCain was pulling ahead in the polling and said something like "don't ask me to use a shovel unless you mean it."  Olbermann's mic was cut off at that point.  That guy can't even get along with the moderates on his own side.

Doh is me.  I guess his name is Joe Scarborough not Jim...

I can't seem to link the video for some reason.  If anyone else has heard about it and cares to, please help a sista out.  In looking into it, some have said that Scarborough was using bogus numbers....I can't keep it all straight.

Um, I really don't get what the big debate is about anyway... it's not like our votes count.

Profile picture for Lady Chattel

That is why I worry about electronic ballot voting......just a little point and click and poof.    At least in 2000 they had some cards to look at and could even debate a hanging chad. 

The entire media is corrupt.

ABC put it on Gibson to harass Palin because she is having too much of an impact on the race.

The corrupt media cant allow that !!!!

You guys remember when Stepanopolous on ABC dared ask Obama about the flag pin and other issues.

THE FURY unleashed by the liberal media the next day was so comical. They arent even trying to hide their direct attempt to BRAIN WASH the election.

And I am crackin up that Obama is BEHIND in an election that any liberals grandmother should win.

Profile picture for Randy_H

Liberal media.  I'm laughing on the inside, really.  When are you guys going to wake up.  You're a tool.  It isn't conservative or liberal, it is commercial.  It's been a for-profit, corporate media for a long time now.  Sometimes that causes things to lean left, sometimes right.  Wherever the $$$ are.

But dazzle the people with a big "Ins" and "Outs" never ending epic battle and you can do anything.

Doesn't anyone read anymore?  Thank god for The Economist and The Financial Times.  At least someone is doing journalism.

Someome want to tell me The Economist is "liberal media" now?  C'mon.  I'm sure there's someone willing to take up that cause.  lol.  The Economist ripped Palin.  Not on all this bull$hit.  On issues.  For example, The Economist, which is in favor of drill drill drill, seriously challenges Palin's creds on her oft quoted "drill drill drill", and they ... wait for it ... back it up with research.  Say it isn't so.

New Help Section
Dunes Tavern & Conspiracy Center
Latest reply by Pasadenan
Unable To Search for Home Values
Profile picture for rlhile
Latest reply by rlhile
unsubscribe
Latest reply by Evidenceb
The watering hole..
Latest reply by SoCal Engr
  • Posted by ConnieK_ppm
  • In Discussion