Profile picture for FarranAnderson

Abandoned foreclosure

A house near my parent's home was foreclosed on and put on the market in early 2009. It was take back off the market three months later and hasn't gone back on since. Per tax info it's owned by GMAC. I called them a little over a year ago but the couldn't find a record of it. Now GMAC has split into Ocwen and Greentree so it's probably going to be lost in limbo for a long time. On the off chance does anyone know which department within these companies would be best to contact regarding a property that is 'lost in limbo'? It's a shame because the house is beautiful, but the lak of upkeep is catching up quickly. I had also heard a rumor from a neighbor that the property was built to close to either the road (which seems unlikely) or the stream running behind it and the home is caught up in a legal battle with the county. Is there a department of the courthouse I could call to verify? Thanks in advance for any advice you can offer!

*I forgot to mention the taxes ARE current. GMAC last paid them in November of 2012.

August 12 2013 - Dahlonega

This isn't all that unusual. it's getting better since the is less inventory but lenders don't have good resources to properly handle all of these homes. As a result many end up sitting like this - can be for a long time and the results are deterioration, mold and other things that can be avoided.

I've had this happen with several homes buyers of mine have been interested in. I've also had it happen with properties I've appraised as a FNMA appraiser. I've sent up notices thorough "internal" routes and have the same "no response".

Sounds crazy but it's more common that you can imagine.