Profile picture for cbarger2662

About 2-3 weeks ago I noticed that the estimate for all houses dropped about $20K. What happened?

About 2-3 weeks ago I noticed that the estimate for all houses dropped about $20K. For instance, my house est. dropped about $20k about 2 weeks ago, but your graphs now show my house much lower dating back to 2009. If my house did indeed drop $20k, wouldn't that just show a sharp drop as of recently? 
  • June 28 2011 - North Raleigh
  • 0

Here is the link to further clarify it all for you.
http://www.zillow.com/advice-thread/Zillow-Announces-Zestimate-Improvements/403036/

As a Realtor I do not use a search engine to find out what a house is worth. My clients either hire an appraiser or I do a in-depthI comparative market analysis for them. I have a client who just purchased in North Raleigh, the area they bought seems to be appreciating, not depreciating.

I believe that Zillow changed the way that they do Zestimates a couple of weeks ago, so Zestimates have drastically changed.

That value may or may not be accurate.  If you would like, give me a call and I will send you some comparables in your neighborhood.  That would give you a better idea of what is actually happening.  thanks  Mella

Zillow recently adjusted their algorithm and that changed nearly everyone's Zestimate.  There are a bunch of posts about the new valuation process that you may want to look into if you are interested in more information.  

Zillow made some changes to the manner in which it calculates Zestimates.