Absentee Condo Owner

Hello, I am looking at purchasing a Condo as a rental property in my WI home town. The problem i am have is finding out if it is worth it since my job requires me to be on the road for 95% of the year. I will not be around to take care of the property if something is to fail and I will not be able to find a new tenant if need be either. Do any condo associations take care of these things or would I have to hire on a property manager? Another question I have regarding the property manager is if someone would even be willing to take on one condo.

Thank you for your time!
  • June 09 2012 - Town of West Bend

Profile picture for Amy Gutschow
Sometimes your neighbors may be the best source for help both with lawn and snow care as well as possible part time renters.  I would start asking around....

There are management companies all over. Some do different things and charge different percentages.

There are may Condos where the owners are not required to do any outside maintenance. 

Condo associations do not deal with renting out units.

Many property managers will be willing to consider it, not all.

However, why do you want to buy when you won't be using it?   Be aware, many condo associations have tight limits on the percentage of condos that can b e rented at any one time.