Profile picture for jmpierre

According to zillow this home should be worth more like $600K. What am I missing?

• Question refers to 202 Sterling Ave, Pacifica, CA 94044
  • 0

I know your house.
I think the problem was that it was listed to high when it first came on the market, for the current market conditions. I like the house a lot, but you are chasing the market now. You have a good agent, and may just want to take it off the market for a few months and or sell it as a short sale now..  The point is a great place to live; however, the high end homes are now being impacted by forclosures too.  In fact, a new forclosure just listed in your area.
Call me if you have questions.. But I'd suggest you sit down with your agent and come up with a plan. 

Zillow estimates a worth based mostly on square footage compared to other homes  up to 1/2 mile away. Their model does not take into account condition, views, school district, upgrades, etc.... so view the results more as a general comparison with, in many cases, a wide range of values.

This weekend will be a first open house on 1046 Zamora, a 4 bedroom, 2.5 BA home with comanding views of Pedro Point and the Farallons. Priced at $839,000.  Hope to see you there!
Michael Verdone, CRS, GRI, ABR
Buyers Broker
Economic Concepts
(650) 364-9822