Profile picture for RonaldArif

Adding a spouse name to a house deed in Seattle, WA

My wife bought her condo in Seattle, WA before our marriage. Now that we are married, does she have to add my name to the deed to ensure my share of the property (and the mortgage)? Is it true that adding my name to the deed is not needed since WA adopts a "community property" law now that we are married?
  • June 04 2013 - Central
  • 0

Profile picture for nwhome.us
Find a copy of the title insurance policy that your wife has on her home and contact the them to find out what options are available to you.  It's cheaper than an attorney and if they want you to use one they can also make a referral.

Sure, place your future on what you read on these blogs!

Talk to an attorney. I suspect they will advise that if your wife's intent is truly to create a marital community, that she should deed the property to the two of you as that marital community.