Advertising in Real Estate

What are the best ways to advertise in Real Estate?  Are there any really good options that do not cost a ton of money?  Thanks.
  • January 31 2011 - US
  • 0

Well, Zillow is one place you can pay to advertise. I guess locally in newspaper and such. Maybe ask other local Realtors and see what works best for them...If really depends on your area.

Since you are in Arizona, and a veteran, maybe advertising to other veterans would work well. Or talk to mortgage brokers who specialize in VA loans, etc.

PS. Thank you for your service to our country, and good luck!

Find your target audience.
Determine the best way to reach it.
Get your brand in front of them more often than anyone else.
Provide useful information they will want to receive.

Word of mouth is the best.
Get up, get out and meet new people.

Given that the internet is where close to 90% of buyers start their real estate search that is where I would suggest you focus your efforts. Build and/or fine tune your website and learn all about SEO fast. It's a long term effort that pays off over time. Good luck.

I am a strong believer in putting yourself out there and not being a "secret agent"...I do not spend much at all on advertising. I do what I do best which is run my mouth! It's free and I am actually pretty darn good at it. I find away to turn everything into a real estate conversation. I continue to ask friends and family to mention me when someone mentions real estate. I am also VERY active on Facebook, craigslist, zillow and trulia...all of which are FREE!

Sarah Padgett
Century 21 Judge Fite Company
[contact info removed by moderator]

Profile picture for JodiChuteME
In addition to the other great answers here, I would also add www.lowesrealtorbenefits.com.  Lowes sends a card or email as free advertising for you to your buyers & sellers.  My clients love to receive the discount cards, and it's free!

Profile picture for Connie Klemme
zillow has been good for me.  i just pay for one zip code placement. but i put many zip codes in my profile.  Local paper has never really been productive but I still try it for listings.