Advise on a deeded golf club membership

I purchased a home back in February in a new golf course community.  The developers are going ro designate future lots as a deeded membership to the golfcourse.  The current owners will have the option to Opt In or Out.  If we opt in, there will be no upfront cost to Opt in...only the monthly addition to the HOA fee (which all deeded members will pay).  It is anticipated that for the first three years the additional fee will be discounted by 50% for those who already live in the community.  There is also no means to drop the membership from the deed once selected.  My questions is this...will this be a benefit to my property value?  I know if/when I sell I will be somewhat limiting my target to golfers, but I am in a golf cimmunity and will be quite close to the course and club house.  Any professional advice/help is much appreciated.  In fact, many would say I need plenty of professional help!!  :-)
Thanks!!
Rob
  • July 31 2013 - Millsboro

Profile picture for Ruslana S
I would say that it will only add to the property value if the potential buyer is a golfer. So is going to be a burden to a buyer who has no interest in this activity and is looking to minimize the annual costs of living in this Millsboro community;)