Profile picture for Shylah747

After approval for loan I was offered an additional flex equity line of credit. Should I accept it?

Loan is at docs and I was offered a flex equity line of credit in excess of $100,000 to run concurrent with the first mortgage.  I am not using it but it is ready for the future.  Should I accept it and keep for dire emergencies?  Inherited the home so lots of equity.
  • August 04 2009 - Garden Grove
  • 0

Best Answer

Most HELOCs have an annual fee. Find out about that. Most have an early termination charge. Find out about that. If those terms are reasonable, it's probably not a bad idea to have some liquidity available to you. Stay disciplined - though - be not tempted to dip into it casually.

As you can see, this is a case where you have to be named Mike (or Michael) in order to respond. Please don't try this otherwise - we can't guarantee the results.

What Mike & Mike said! Liquidity is always nice and sometimes needed. I would rather have it and not need it, then need it and not have it.

I agree with Mike.  It's a positive opportunity that may not be available in the future.  Just make sure you understand all the terms and fees