Profile picture for loanhouse

Am I entitled to a loan modification if my name isn`t on the mortgage but it is on the deed?

Only my husband`s name is on the mortgage, but my name is on the deed. Is it possible for me to get a loan modification?

December 08 2011 - Westland

You definitely should report the company that "took" your $2,100 to your state's Attorney Generals Office. They knew upfront that not being on the loan you would not qualify for a loan mod. It is also against the law to collect monies up front for their "service."

Best wishes, Rudi

Profile picture for loanhouse
Thank you both for your answers..My husband passed away 8 years ago. Know i can't afford my payments.So i went to this place and they said they can help me.Know they called me after giving them 2100.00  and said they no longer can help me. They said this new company that took over my mortgage place said they can't.. Know this new place said only way to get my name on mortgage is to refinance my home then i'm able to get my name on the mortgage.

No You alone could not get reviewed for a loan modification if you are not on the loan.  Now if You and Your Husband apply then YES you can apply for a loan modification and hopefully get approved for a loan modification. Click on my name and follow my tweets! Good Luck!! 

I would check with the bank that holds the mortgage, but I would not think so as your name is not on the mortgage.