Profile picture for jekka543

Another short sale nightmare

I put an offer on a short sale back in march, it wasn't until July that I heard anything back on it, the bank accepted my offer and I moved forward with the inspection and financing. I trusted that everything was being properly communicated between all parties... I am a first time homebuyer so I just figured all the agents involved knew what they were doing to get this closed. Now it is closing day and the owner's son refuses to move out, he claims he has nowhere to go. We are fighting for extensions but this house has a foreclosure selling date. How do I get him out?
  • August 16 2012 - West Palm Beach
  • 0

The current owner need to get him out...NOW.  If there is no lease the current owner needs to call the cops to make him go.

If you close, the son is then your problem. You can call the police because he has no lease, or if he does, you will need to evict him.

Eve

You need legal advice ASAP. Please do not sign papers to close escrow and let the owner have your money before the house is vacant or you will spend thousands fighting for an eviction.

This happens, but it is the current owners problem. Legally make them deal with it or you will be stuck with their issue. What does your agent say?

Your attorney needs to step to the plate immediately. The owner's son needs to vacate prior to closing - that is not up for negotiation. Have your agent get in touch with the seller's agent to get the son a rental ASAP. I'm sure He has a friend or family member with a couch that he could use in the meantime. I wish you good luck!

I would contact an attorney immediately.

You may need an attorney at this point.  Do not close today unless the tenant is out.  Good luck!