Any Experts on VA (Veterans Administration) mortgage and underwriting in Fairfield CT?

I am looking to use my VA benefits to get pre approved for a loan. Just wasted time and money with Navy Federal credit union, the person working with me doesn't know that there are different underwriting rules for applying disability income (told me that banks never increase non taxable income by 25%) or residual income guidelines for VA loans. I think she was using an automated system to come up with my pre approval amount and then told me it was going to take an additional 3 business days to get it done. Help please.
  • October 23 2012 - Bedford Stuyvesant

If the disability income is non-taxable then it can absolutely be grossed up by 25% using your VA entitlement.