Profile picture for PolluxGold

Any RE brokers in Wellesley Hills working without exclusive listing contract for a 1.25M property?

...title says it all, I'm trying to get some idea about starting a sale process for an estimated $1.25M single family property in Wellesley Hills without engaging into a limiting exclusive listing contract with only one RE agent.. 

Any thoughts on the topic are very appreciated, except those diverging from the question posted (e.g. "why are you doing this?", "it is better to...")

Thanks in advance,
  • June 05 2012 - US
  • 1

Profile picture for PolluxGold
Thanks Brad, it is indeed an option. I was trying to get to the next level of the process, which is to engage an agent for the sale, obviously within the standard commission percentage, but the problem is that I've always found the exclusive contract very limiting and possibly not in the best interest of the seller...

Also, if any agent who reads this post has interest on this, please feel free to reply as well and we can get some thoughts on it, thanks in advance.

Profile picture for Brad Pratt
One possibility is to do an entry only listing for a flat fee.  I have seen it offered at $500.00.  A broker enters your listing into MLS but you do all the showings and open houses and advertising.  You do all your own negotiation.  Over 90% of the properties sold in the state are done so through MLS cooperation.  You would need to offer some sort of compensation to buyers brokers.  I usually see 2%.  But the fact of the matter is that over 90% of for sale by owner's eventually hire a Realtor.  I hope that this information is helpful.