Profile picture for miiisss

Any Real Estate agents that live in Rocklin CA?

My husband and I are looking for an agent who lives in Rocklin and who would be open to working with a first time homeowner. We do not want someone who expects us to buy the first house we see. We are new to the area and are looking in the 95765 zip code. Price about 275k or lower. Prefer someone who will be open to making an offer below comps!

• October 08 2011 - Rocklin
  • 0

Dina, that is great information about this area. The Roseville/Rocklin area is very competitive especially for buyers that are in the market to buy a home for $200k to $300k.

Not only do we have families looking to purchase their first home or relocate to this area, but our market has also been flooded by investors and many of them have cash.

The tips that you provided below are key to negotiating a great deal and getting your offer accepted.

Profile picture for Dinaladd
Hi DMRD,

We work in that area often and something about your post caught my eye.
Its easy to write offers below list price but not always easy to get them accepted.
When submitting an offer substantially below list price, make sure your realtor provides some ammunition to help your offer. If the home is in disrepair it helps to submit some estimates for repairs (on a contractors letterhead) along with your offer. If you are basing your offer on comparable sales in the area make sure those comps that point to a lower valuation are current, applicable, and submitted along with your offer!
There are also a few things to remember - don't believe everything the media pumps out about the housing market. If your looking in Rocklin, CA- certain neighborhoods are very competitive! We run into a lot of multiple offer situations; however, there are very few multiple counter situations.
Most foreclosure properties are going to the "highest and best offer" and you 'never get a second chance to make a first impression" so to speak. so balance your desire to 'get a home at a real deal' with your desire to get a specific home.
A lot of people think that agents want to keep the sales price higher to jack up there commission. a $10,000 change in your offer price from your price range equals about 3% in an agents commission. We are more interested in getting a deal done smoothly and efficiently than squabbling over a couple hundred bucks. You should be able to tell if your agent truly has your best interests in mind!

Thank you very much for the referral Sunnyview! I really appreciate it.

Geneen and I live next door in Granite Bay and our office is conveniently located right across Hwy 65 from Rocklin.

Click Here For Homes in the 95765 zip code.

Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.  An opportunity to serve your eal estate needs is greatly appreciated.

Justin Sherrets
DRE # 01251197
Keller Williams Real Estate

Profile picture for miiisss
Thanks for the replies.
DMRD

I am pleased to see people recommending people using this site.  That tells me they will have the same basis and possibly be like minded.

Best of luck from Boise!

Elizabeth Weintraub would be a good choice based on what I know of her or I am sure she could refer to a quality agent you if she does not work in that area personally.

There is also a Rocklin agent that posts frequently on Zillow here that you might add to your interview list. There are questions to ask an agent when you interview them here. If you are a first time buyer, you really need to study your market and take your time to find a house that is good choice. Any agent that rushes you in the Rocklin market is the wrong one.

I live in Rocklin and am the past Chairman of the Rocklin Chamber of Commerce.  I would be glad to server you.

Franklin Burris, ePRO, REALTOR, DRE#01412858
[contact information deleted by Zillow moderator.  Please refer to our Good Neighbor Policy for posting guidelines]

I agree with wetdawgs.  Liz is a well established agent in the Sacto area.

Here's a link to a list of agents covering Rocklin, CA.    One that stood out to me was Elizabeth Weintraub, the guide to the about.com home buying/selling site.  I've read her very sensible articles on home buying and selling for years.   (I don't know her in person, but she'd be the first I'd call if I were in the area.)