Profile picture for yz400333

Any chance of a guy with a poor FICO getting a home loan these days?

I make $82,000 a year and have approximately $1100 worth of (honest) debt on my credit report that has yet to be repaid. When I say "honest" I mean that I actually do owe it to the creditors. However, there are a few accounts affecting my score that have, A. Gone to court and shown in my favor, B. Were paid in a timely manner yet still show an unpaid balance, or C. Were rightfully disputed and removed by the credit reporting agency only to be re-reported months later and replaced on my report. Should I pay off the remaining $1100? I've paid off alot so far and it has gotten me nowhere but where I started.

Anyhow, is there hope for me or should I start collecting mud and straight sturdy logs?

• February 09 2009 - Apple Valley
  • 0

You must dispute any errors.  They have 30 days to remove any errors, if they are in fact incorrect.

If they were removed because they were listed in error, and then showed up again, dispute it again with copies of your previous correspondence.

And, yes, pay off the debt that you haven't paid yet.

yz,

most programs right now require a 580 score.  If you disagree with several items on your report, I would suggest you find a credit repair company to help you fix these errors, then check back in 2-3 months to see where you stand.

I can recommend one company called lexington law.  they do a pretty good job on "honest" credit repair. 

Profile picture for yz400333
High score is 566 low is 550. My score is low but my credit report doesnt really look all that bad.

Profile picture for datruth41
WHATS YOUR SCORES?

Profile picture for Jon Petersen
if you dispute and have it removed, and it shows up again, hire a lawer for slander. That is a serious issue if it is false information