Profile picture for moem
  • moem
  • Contributions:13

Any news for the fools who bought late 2008 when we were first encouraged to jump start this market?

Any news on paying back the $7500?

June 17 2010 - US

Nothing has changed. You are still required to pay back the $7,500 in yearly installments as part of your taxes.

Those people who purchased a home under the first tax credit are not fools.  No one anticipated another tax credit would be coming.  There has been no change in that tax credit, the $7,500 must be paid back.

Profile picture for hpvanc
Hindsight is 20/20, and yet realtors still can't acknowledge it.

They were fools for buying before the crash had run its course. Ditto recent buyers.

Some of us have been on here predicting this outcome for multiple years, others remain blind.

Profile picture for lynrosect
Hey!!!

I am a recent buyer, March 2010.  I bought a house that was just about to be foreclosed on and I got the tax credit cuz it was raised to my income level for 6 months.  So I bought a house for 300K on the Connecticut shoreline in a 400K+ neighborhood (in 2008).  Granted the zestimate mean is now squarely at my purchase price; however, my purchase price lowered the value in the neighborhood and I still have the 8k government buffer.  I'm happy with my purchase and my government hand out.  I looked for over a year and was ready to pounce on my perfect property for the perfect price.  If I am a fool, I am a happy fool.  I am happy I saved for the down payment, happy I kept looking, happy I didn't offer too much in a declining market, happy I did the research on my own thus I did not require a buyer agent, happy with my 4.75% interest rate and happy one of my many low ball offers hit the perfect 'house about to be foreclosed on' timing.  Yupper a happy fool!  The seller's put 20% down so they got out of the house with money in thier pockets instead of a big foreclosure goose egg. I'm even happy for them!  I'll be a happy fool this weekend when I am playing in my pool and hot tub!

No different news on paying back the tax credit.  Best advice is to enjoy your home as a place for you to live.  Homes are no longer and probably should not have been a place to get rich quick.  You may need to stay in your home a littel longer than people had gotten used to but look at it as your home and make it the best it can be. 

Profile picture for jal74
Enjoy repaying your US Treasury loan.  A tax credit would imply you received a credit.  You got nothing of the sort.  You received a $7500 no interest 10 year loan from the US treasury.

Regards

How much does a Home Inspection cost?
Profile picture for Mike Opyd
Latest reply by Mike Opyd
Can the seller keep the earnest money after inspection?
Profile picture for zuser20140628062544588
Latest reply by zuser20140628062544588
4 unit Multi family house
Profile picture for moneyclip8565
Latest reply by moneyclip8565
Pre-approval good for FHA or Conventional?
Profile picture for Rick Phillips
Latest reply by Rick Phillips
July 03 | 15 answers
Bypass the Buyers Agent and Win!!!
Latest reply by user4130081
July 03 | 94 answers