Anyone around here do HARP 2 Refis?

• June 29 2012 - Orange Park
  • 0

user 2212622-

Joe Cafiero is a long time contributor on the advice boards and covers your area.   You can locate him in the professional directory and he would be a good person to help with your scenario.

I have a property in Jersey City, New Jersey, zip is 07306.  It was appraised as 233K, purchase price $255K, four bed, four bath property becaues I invested a lot to completely renovate it, it is my primary residence.  I have good credit and stable income, I need a HARP loan specialist to contact me asap.  sxlu2002@yahoo.com

Profile picture for mymortgagebrokerjoe
Yes I am, I was having some email issues but now fixed. I will msg u either tonite or tomorrow. Thanks! joe

@Michael Davidson & mymortgagebrokerjoe - My house is in Florida.  Are you guys still able to help?

Profile picture for Mike_Davidson
User29438,

Based on the information you provided you should qualify for a HARP refinance.  It is important to note that you loan must have been sold prior to May 31, 2009 not simply settled.  As a direct lender for Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac we may be able to help as we have no LTV restrictions on fixed rate products.  Feel free to contact me through my profile if you would like to discuss this further.

Good luck!!

Profile picture for mymortgagebrokerjoe
i think geofrey may have read your post a little quickly and thought your loan was originated in November of 2009?, which would have made your loan ineligible for the harp program (must have closed prior to june 2009). the age of your home is not a factor in qualifying for harp, unless maybe you are in a manufactured home built prior to june 1976! :) based on your response to my question, you appear to qualify for the harp loan. hope that clears things up.

mymortgagebrokerjoe:  current mortgage loan was closed around 2005 and it is owned by Fannie/Freddie.

Geofrey MerinoI:  I don't understand why I dont qualify just because my house was built in 1999.

Profile picture for mymortgagebrokerjoe
user29438, when did u close on your current mortgage loan? was it prior to june 2009?

Just saw the year built, sorry.  Would not qualify under the current product. 

user29438,

Is this a fannie mae/freddie mac loan? 

Current APR is 6.375 with $92000 left on mortgage.  House is appraised at $87000.  It's a 4 BR 2 bath with 1450 sqft built in Nov 99.  Never missed a payment.  Mortgage is owned by M&T Bank.  My credit is 780+.  Its currently a rental property.

Profile picture for mymortgagebrokerjoe
I can tell you that Melvin List specializes in HARP Refinance loans and is one of the best there is. He is able to close loans that most other companies cant. Just one of the advantages of working with a top brokerage company. Plus, he's a really nice guy! ;) 

Yes!

Please post your loan scenario. There are many lenders on here that do HARP loans. Need some detail please

.