Profile picture for ckahls3

Anyone have Info on HomeTown Aurora?

Why are there so many homes for sale in this subdivision and why are the values dropping so dramatically? Why are they priced so low to begin with? It seems like such a nice concept and such a nice subdivision? Does anyone know if there are problems with the buliding materials?

• April 08 2008 - Aurora
  • 0

Profile picture for dlm91

Lots are small.  Streets are narrow.  Literally no parking available except in very short drive ways.  The subdivision is located in the East Aurora school district.  Not the best school district in the area.

Profile picture for 221SBuell

True, dlm91. I would add that the subdivision was built with small lots and narrow streets on purpose. The concept is called cluster housing and is designed to be environmentally friendly and conducive to more socialization in the common areas. It's not for everyone. I'll also leave it up to you whether or not Hometown executed the concept well. From what I've heard, the building materials aren't any worse than any other modern subdivision. They just don't build homes like they used to IMHO.

Profile picture for Inaas

The subdivision was built by Bigglow Homes. And it is a nice concept but it is not for everyone. I agree with the other posts about issues with it. But you also need to know prices have been going down due to builder, foreclosures and limited target market. This subdivision was a great possibility for someone who wanted a new house in Aurora for low price. now and due to pricing changes you can buy other new homes in Aurora for the same price as you would pay for Hometown but you may be in a better area or in better school dist. so this limited the people who are buying in hometown thus effecting home pricing negatively.

Please let me know if you are looking for a new home bec i can help you find what you want and for a great price.. please ck out my profile for more info.

thanks.
Inaas

Hometown in Aurora is the worst place to live.  This is why there are so many homes for sale.  My vehicle was parked right in front of my house nite before last and was broken into for the second time, as well as my garage 3 years ago.  I came home yesturday, there are now signs posted that there is no parking allowed on the right side of the street, so now I hav to park even further from my house.  This was implimented by the Hometown Association back in April.  Do all yourselves a favor and MOVE AWAY. Hometown of Aurora will be another getto in 1-2 years, by the way the police hate the nieborhood.  

Lol the parking ban on one side of the street was enforced by the CITY, not the subdivision. Park in your garage and your car won't get broken into. Clean out your garage and you won't have to park far away from your home. I have lived here 9 years now and have NEVER had a problem and most people I know have not had any issues. We have security in the neighborhood, which has made the few issues I've heard about MUCH better. Aurora Police Department does NOT hate our neighborhood. We have our own personal liason that helps us any time we need it. I'm assuming you've never been to an HOA meeting either, to voice your concerns. I have FANTASTIC neighbors, who I adore! With an attitude like yours, it will never get better. Take your energy and DO SOMETHING to make our subdivision a better place so you are happy and not just complaining.

I have lived here 3 years.  Our home is not built well, lots of mold around all of the windows, cut beams across the garage, etc...just not built safe,well, or intelligently!  Sad that with this economy, we are upside down on this house and it does not look like we will ever be able to get ahead as the houses around here are selling for less than what we owe on ours.  HOA fees are high for no pool, tennis court,golf, etc.With NO basement, the only storage you have is your garage.....which some vehicles do not fit into....mine fits at a slant...so one vehicle of ours has to go on the street.  We live on an Aurora City Street and get fined each time there is over 2 in. of snow.  Our school here is one of the lowest rated in the State!  I would move if I ever got the opportunity and did not lose my shirt on this house.  I do not like that I cannot build a fence or plant bushes/trees without drawing out some big plan and getting it approved from a Board.  My Husband was sold this house as a Single Family home...not a Condo.  He got fooled!
  • January 21

Profile picture for Aurora Owner 1
The homes were built during the Great Real Estate Bubble, for instance, my home was built in 2000 and I purchased it in 2005.  It's a nice house as far as it goes.  Not terribly spacious.  The community is quiet and I had no problems with my neighbors.  But a great many of these houses were sold with no down payment and the mortgage payment initially only covered the interest.  This was fine as long as you could sell the house for more than the original purchase price.  When the Real Estate Bubble burst, the value of the houses dropped like a stone and many of the homes went into foreclosure.  Supply and demand being what it is, it will be a long time, if ever, for the prices to go up.  It's a sad story but one shared by too many of my fellow Americans!
  • April 30