Profile picture for casachop

Anyone have a recommendation for an agent to assist with a move to Seattle?

Moving to Seattle from out of state. Looking for an agent to help me get oriented to the neighborhoods, find immediate temporary housing, and then permanent housing. I'm considering buying but MAY NOT, or may, but not for a year, and so the agent must provide advice on renting and buying. Looking for a technically savvy (numbers oriented) agent with expertise in downtown and the two mile radius around it. Recommendations anyone? Thanks!
  • July 13 2010 - Downtown
  • 0

Go with a recommended agent. This way they are held to a standard and are more accountable! Plus if they blow it they know they get recommended anymore. Keeps them on their toes!

Eve: you are in spamming territory now. Please stop posting that silly link everywhere.

Go to [Link removed by moderator] to  find an exclusive buyers agent that only represents the buyer.

Eve in Orlando

Profile picture for dacolan
The typical swarming aside, so far we have Mary attempting to steal Julie's referral, and Joel pretending there's a meaningful difference between a REA that pays their tribute to the NAR cartel vs. those that do not while disregarding Zillow's good neighbor policy simultaneously. Must be a tough time to be a REA...

wow the pathetic begging on this thread is getting really strong! business must be really bad up there!!!

Welcome to Seattle...

When making your choice, always choose a Realtor.

Not all real estate agents are Realtors and held to a code of ethics.

If you decide to move down towards Lake Tapps (2nd Largest Lake in Western Wa) or would like to look at some of the neighborhoods down this way, give me a call.  Id love to go show you some homes.

Feel free to visit my website at [Link removed by moderator] to start your home search today.

If you are still looking for an agent, I have a degree in finance, so I can show you as many numbers and analytics for renting vs buying as you would like to see!
My goal is to build long term relationships, so providing information up front is my specialty!

Profile picture for bethghomes

Thanks Spencer for the recommendation!

Glad to make the list.  I actually didn't answer the question because I thought that there would be a swarm of agents saying "me, me, me." 

Casachop, I hope you find the perfect agent to help you out & my recommendation would actually be to interview agents as well and asking them a series of questions that are most important to you when hiring someone to work for you.

Best of Luck~

Beth Grotelueschen
John L Scott Real Estate Broker

Profile picture for nwhome.us
@casachop,
What brings you to Seattle?  Come quickly, summer (the sun) is here. 
Have you figured out how to filter for Advice in Seattle? 
Next to US, choose Washington, under City choose Seattle.  You'll very quickly find the active participants (agents) in these forums and be able to see how they respond to similar questions.
On their profiles, in the left menu column you will find the history of their participation.  You'll also find their current listing activity and a number of helpful research links.
Have fun!

Spencer from Zillow here. Welcome (almost) to Seattle! We're glad to have you coming to our wonderful city.
Yes I'm biased, but personally I think whether or not an agent is involved on Zillow is a good indicator of whether they're web savvy and responsive, two things that you should be looking for in an agent. Along those lines, here are some agents who I know and recommend, either based on their involvement in Zillow Advice or from elsewhere:
Rob
Sam
Moira
Kathryn
Mark
Gordon
John
Beth
Rickie
Reba
Chuck

There are so many more.... but that's a great start!

Good luck, and welcome!

Casachop,

Here is my advice.  Interview, interview, interview.  Any decent agent should be able to help you with finding temporary housing and eventually permanent housing.  You want to find someone you feel comfortable with.  There are a lot of different personalities out there in real estate.  Pick up the phone and call several.  Explain that you are looking for an agent to do exactly what you described here.  Listen to their answers.  You will start to get a good feel for who you will enjoy working with and who is a little on the (how can I put this mildly) "slimy" side.  Trust your gut and make a choice.

Best of luck and welcome to Seattle.  It's a great town.

Profile picture for SeattleHome.com
Thanks for the kudos, Sunnyview.

Casachop, here's a good link to start you on rental properties in Seattle:
SeattleLease.com

These are all MLS-listed rentals.  Unfortunately, you'll find that the majority of rentals in Seattle are on Craigslist, which is somewhat unorganized.

If you're looking for downtown through the North end of Seattle, that's my home turf, although I work all over the metro.

Good luck with the search.

Profile picture for Mary_Devino
I agree with Julie, I work with Greg in the same office and he is awesome.
Give him a call and tell him Mary sent you!

I handle Seattle area.  Give me a call at 360-402-4130.  I got you from door to door and more.

You might try Sam DeBord here or Geordy Rostad here. They are both honest, tuned in to their market and would be easy to deal with. If they are not familiar with the specific target market that you are looking for, they will be honest enough to say so and able to give you a good referral to someone they know personally.

I do! Greg is a real go-getter and I think you will be very happy with his service. Good luck!

Greg Gamble
John L Scott - Seattle Center Office
Developer Services Group
2601 4th Ave. Suite 100
Seattle, WA 98121
206.448.9600 (office)
206.446.7210 (cell)