Profile picture for gail1999

Anyone have any experience with the 1-day Bathroom refitting (e.g., Bathfitter, Re-Bath,etc)?

My 1953 home has the original bathtub which in places is down to the black underneath.  Only 1 bath, so for price and speed, I am seriously considering going the Bath Fitter route.

If you've done it, are you happy with it?  Which service did you use? 

Also, how does this stand up value-wise? 

Thanks for any input!!
  • December 18 2008 - McHenry
  • 0

Profile picture for Steve Bresch
If only your tub is bad reglaze it. $400.00/price  24hrs/speed.  If you get a tub liner make sure you know how to recaulk.  One bad spot will let water run under the liner and get traped between the tub.  Now how will that get drained, cleaned,and repaired?

Acceptable but not premium. Also costly$$, but convenient (one ot two days).

Hello, not to knock anyone. I have seen their work. To my standards I would not have accepted the final result. Large ugly caulk joints.
   I also wonder how does the adhesive used to fasten the walls adhere to soap scum or does any mold not removed ahead of time cause a problem in the future.
   Before you commit to anything, you should go see an installed job in your area not the showroom.
   Depending on the bath design, It is possible to have a new shower tub installed in one day also. allowing you to use it while the bath remodel continues for the remainder of the project. [content removed by moderator for being self promotional]

Profile picture for danasdad08820
We had it done to our previous home. It was okay but not great. I regretted not going for a new tile surround. It would have been cheaper and nicer.
You don't have that luxury though because it's the only bathroom you said. That's why I would never buy a home with less then 2 full baths.