Anyone have experience or feedback on Quicken Loans Refi?

I have a mortgage sold t Seterus by Chase. Apparently Quicken has an agreement with Seterus that allows them to refinance mortgages they service (Seterus is only a servicer). So I contacted them today and it all sounded good - but something about the conversation seemed shady or smelled like a scam. I was asked to pay 300 of Good faith up front. The rates were good, and no appraisals were required. Everything is done online or thru the phone.  IT was a gut feeling - too good to be true or something about rushing through it all. I did a google search and found alot of negative feedback and similar stories - it was enough to make me want to dig further and get more examples.

I found on Eopinions site alot of positive feedback - but it looked as if it was all fake feedback entered to boost overall star ratings (accounts were setup almost daily to submit a 5 star rating and user never posted again). So again, very suspicious.

I just want to gain more feedback on any type of deals with Quicken Loans from anyone - good or bad.

Anything is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

April 12 2012 - Fairfax

I can help you do a refinance on your home.  Contact me if you wish to discuss this further. 

August 25
Profile picture for PeaceRobin
[Self-promotional spam/irrelevant content removed by Zillow moderator, see our Good Neighbor Policy]

August 24

[Content irrelevant to thread topic. Self-promotional spam and contact information removed by Zillow moderator, see our Good Neighbor Policy].

August 15
Profile picture for kmiller505
I could spend all day reading these.  I have a good credit score, excellent asset to debt ratio.  I just spent 45 days with QL, only to have them reverse the loan approval in the last 3 days before closing, and demand 50% more down and 50% more in closing costs to get my loan through.  I have over 40 downloads of information to them to make sure they had what they needed.  They asked for things that did not even exist.  In the end I lost my deposit $500 and I lost the property.  The seller had just had enough postponements and the realtor was tired of dealing with the revolving door of representatives.
Beware of folks offering low interest rates when they want 4-5% of your loan value in fees.  You aren't getting low interest rates, you are getting ripped off.

August 15
After working with Quicken Loans (QL), I can literally write a book on my horrible experience with them. But, I'm going to keep this as simple as I can, as it's my goal to warn as many people as I can to NOT do business with this company.

I was on the hook with QL for nearly 4 and a half months and didn't get anywhere with them.
If you DO choose to work with QL, here's a bullet pointed list of what you can expect:
• They will start by assigning you a number. Learn to love this number, because that's ALL you will be to them. Nothing more.
• They will pass you around from "Team Member" to "Team Member".  So, you won't spend enough time with anyone who will understand what your needs really are.
• They will ask you to upload documents multiple times because they'll lose the ones you already uploaded.
• They won't update or call you back for days/weeks. (Most likely because they're waiting on something you had already uploaded).
• They will assign you a "Client Care Specialist" who's meant to be your daily contact person. Problem is, you won't want to contact them at all because they're fresh out of school and have no idea what they're talking about.
• They will request unnecessary documentation that will have all parties involved left scratching their heads.
• They will make mistakes that lead to your loan being delayed or even not getting approved, as they don't understand or are unaware of current lender guidelines.
• They will admit you're having a bad customer experience and act like they're going to do anything they can to make things right, then do nothing at all.
• Even when they admit that you're having a really bad customer experience, they won't refund the $700.00 dollars you give them (Appraisal, Inspection & other misc. fees).
• They will be a complete WASTE of your time.
• They will be the opposite of "Quick".

When working with a company of this size, you will never talk to anyone who really cares or understands your individual needs.
Eventually, I went with another lender, and in only 4 weeks time (not months). my loan closed. Lesson learnt.
Thanks for reading and good luck!

August 01
Profile picture for chinqueman
So after really all the bad and good reviews about QL, we decided we were going to focus on the positive. 20days later our loan was closed by Aaron Nason and his team from QL. He was very truthful to me, return all my calls and assured me to wait till the end and see what a wonderful experience I would have. Even though we had some issue with my credit which was taken care of, they were quick to address all the concerns on our credit. All I will say is, do your part on responding to documents requested on a timely bases, return calls ask for clarification and above all be patient. We are very happy to be one of those who had a good experience with the QL family. I will say this to you, do not focus on the bad reviews,others who may have submitted those reviews had their experience base on their credit information and other qualification that be different from yours. If it does not work with QL there is a reason for it, take your blame and stop discouraging others to try. With the policies that government has put in place, I dont think a company like QL will be out to steal your deposit money. Be aware of those other mortgage companies who may have being putting bad reviews for QL in other to get your business. My name is Charles and Iam a living testimony for Amzing experience with QL.

July 07
Stay far far away from Quicken loans, they are thieves.

July 02
[Spam/Ad Content irrelevant to thread topic was removed by Zillow moderator. See our Good Neighbor Policy].

June 30
Beware of who you use and read reviews from other past customers. From what I can see out there for reviews on Quicken, I would say in my opinion, the reviews are not that great. 

Give me a call, if you like some professional advice and help. 

Please read my reviews and see that I offer professional and reliable service.

Thanks.

June 27
It is simple. DO NOT USE QUICKEN LOANS! Read the reviews, pay attention! Another one is NATIONSTAR, I have had to have my local lenders bail my clients out of losing their home purchase more than once, with both of these companies!!! I think most consumers come in contact with them through letters trying to get them to refinance their original loans. If you are working with a real estate agent, they have several lenders locally that they know do a good job. If not, find a LOCAL lender, one that you can walk into their office if something goes wrong, or you are not happy! Online banking is great for balancing your checking account, but when it comes to buying your dream home, OPT OUT! Find a LOCAL LENDER that specializes in home purchase loans, whether it be first time, move up, or investor. You will be thankful that you did!

June 26
Profile picture for zuser20140527140730906
The loan officeir assured me the loan I was applying for was the one 25% over appraised value of home.  After they did appraisal which i knew was below appraised value, they said I did not apply for the the 25% over appraised value loan, just a regular loan.  Contacted State Attorney General who contacted Quicken and they said I signed the papers should have known it was not the loan I applied for.  Lost $480 because agent of Quicken lied to me.  Loan app I applied for was just a general loan with required appraisal.  Dont pay appraisal fee first, like I did.  What a racket. 

May 27
Profile picture for Larry Baker
I just finished a 2 month ordeal with Quicken Loans. My credit is perfect (over 8). I paid the $500 also. What a mistake. I beleive this company is running a ponzi scheme and I am going to let the world know what I think. Anyone that would like to join a possible class action suit, please contact me. If they process 1000 loans per day(which I got that number from 1 of the agents for Quicken Loans) times 365 days a year. Yes, they are stealing over $180,000,000 per year. Why service loans when you're making that kind of money.

May 15
As a mortgage broker, I have wholesale/correspondent agreements with 20 different lenders, Quicken Loans being one of them.. We recently signed up with them and as fate would have it, I was the office guinea pig and was the fist to submit a deal to them.. Typically, with a new lender I don't want to be that guy since you never know what reality is compared to the hype the company sales rep hands out when trying to sign you up.. but I figured that there is no bigger independent mortgage bank than Quicken, so I plowed forward.. Big Mistake.. the loan was a complete debacle..  the simplest of tasks they had difficulty with and it took over 60 days from start to finish.. any other lender would have been done in less than 30.  And the worst thing was that 4 months after the close, they came back to me to get more documents from the borrower.    Apprantely the underwriter missed some crucial banking items and because of our agreement with Quicken, we agree to aid in getting additional documentation post close if something was missing.. this was a complete embarrassment, but none the less, i had no choice.. Needless to say, that was my first and only loan experience with Quicken Loans.. Avoid at all costs!!

Feel free to reach out to me via my profile if you have any additional questions or concerns.  William J. Acres, Arizona's Mortgage Expert.

May 15
Profile picture for ericborden
We are in the process of buying our first home. The whole process is new to us, but we are trying to find the lowest rate for a 30 year fixed mortgage. I saw an online ad for Quicken Loans offering 30 year fixed rates for as low as 3.5%, or something that was .75% lower than any other rates we have seen. I figured I would look into, filled out an online inquiry, and received a phone call back (or 5+ calls in the first day) from QL. When I called them back, I was told she was not able to give me interest rates until I gave her all of my information. I was a little leery giving out my social security number, date of birth, address, etc., to someone over the phone, just to hear what their interest rates were. She then said she could give me a rough estimate if I gave her the closing date (late July or early August due to building the house). I was then told that since it's over 60 days, she couldn't give me the interest rates, but if I gave her the other requested info she could give them to me. I then told her we had talked with a local bank that said once we filled out paperwork they could hold the interest rate for 60 days, but we could pay a small fee after that to hold it for 90 days. They seemed very pushy to get my private information, and after reading all of the other comments, I'm assuming they would have been asking for the $500 earnest money shortly after it. I'm glad that I had searched for reviews because I think it helped reaffirm that the local bank/credit union we first talked to was a better option. 

May 15
Profile picture for dlc_ray
We attempted a refi last year through quicken. I cannot stress enough what a debacle that was. Slow, slow and slower. Poor communication and I lost about $350. We just sold our house and our buyer is using quicken loans. They have delayed the closing twice due to "clerical errors" our poor buyer is about to have a stroke to these delays. Seriously, go elsewhere. Quicken is great software but as far as loans stay away from them. Stay far away. 

May 12
Profile picture for elkhunter9
Quicken Loans just ripped me off for $500! They call & offer great rates, same as guarantee you will get the rates & the loan & make you send TONS of documentation. Then after you pay for the appraisal they come back with a figure below the appraised value 5 years ago(regardless of $20,000 improvements) then call you up & say they are withdrawing your application. Unethical & a BIG rip off company! BEWARE!!

May 05
Profile picture for ScottMathews90
They just ripped me off for $500. They called me about refinancing and I made it clear your wasn't interested. The banker manipulated the numbers and made it appear to be the right thing for me. I then paid a $500 that I was told would be refunded after closing. I was never told that the deposit was not refundable if the loan didn't close. We started the loan process and they sent out their appraiser. The appraised value was not only below market value, but lower than what Quicken's appraiser valued it at two years ago. The economy is much stronger now and values are much higher. The lower value caused me to withdraw from the loan because the terms changed and didn't make sense any longer. Quicken let me know that my deposit was non-refundable since I had signed a form after I paid the deposit. They basically told me "too bad", and they weren't concerned about bad publicity. I suppose they figure there's enough suckers out there that won't read my reviews. Granted I evidently missed the small print but they certainly were deceptive on the phone.

April 17
I love this company! If it weren't for Quicken Loans,  I would be pretty slow right now. I have lost count how many Quicken Loan customers who were denied that I have gone on to close. I don't know, but I'm not complaining! Thank you QL!

March 25
Profile picture for gparker7
3/24/14--I've just been burned by Quicken for $500. All the smooze in the world can't disguise the arbitrary actions of their underwriting dept in denying my loan app. I reside in my home for 325 days per year, but according to this outfit, that doesn't quality it as my 'primary residence." Horsefeathesr. And despite the mountain of supporting evidence I provided (bank statements, driver's license, utility bills etc, etc), they said no. And to make the experience all the sweeter for me,  they kep my $500 deposit.  Nice racket these guys are running.

March 25
You can't legislate ethics and morals. 

March 24
This, ladies and gentlemen, is why we need more regulations....not less...

March 24
I've helped a lot of people who came from quicken loans. All of the people I've spoken do not have anything nice to say about them. Very impatient not wanting to work with people, asking for credit card information before they even know if they qualify.... others tell me they quote the PI payment only. As for shopping, I wouldn't rely soley on "shopping" for a mortgage. That makes me think you are looking for the cheapest loan... and as for that you get what you pay for. Just because there is more cost on a certain program doesn't mean it's a bad one. If you get good customer service, a truthful loan officer, and no bs when it comes to answering questios... wouldn't that be worth your money? As opposed to someone who passes your loan around month after month not knowing who to pay, talking to poeople in different countries, etc. That's what your getting when you get the cheapest loan. The mortgage is the biggest decision of your life, why wouldn't you want the best?... not neccessarily the cheapest...

March 24
Profile picture for jennysimms74
My husband and I recently refinanced our home with Quicken Loans.  I was very skeptical at first due to all the negative reviews I read online.  However, my experience was very different.  I received excellent customer service through the entire process.  From the first time I called I spoke with JJ Price who was extremely knowledgeable and answered all my questions in a way that I fully understood them.  From then on I was called along the way about the process and kept updated on a regular basis.
    The online service of myql.com was so helpful.  All of our documents were accessible so that I could read them in full detail.  We actually closed today.  They came to my office during my lunch break and we completed all of the paperwork in about 15 minutes! 
    Like I said, I was VERY skeptical at first and even through the process, but I was pleasantly surprised on how well I got treated.  I would recommend Quicken Loans to my friends and family and as a matter of fact, I already have!

March 24
Profile picture for polkadot 21

I am trying to refinance my home.  I have been asking around trying to get the best deal.  

I told Quicken Loans that I would not say "yes" to any deal yet since I am still "shopping".  When I asked about the FHA option, just to inform myself and learn all my options, he kept saying that he does not recommend it and gave me a brief explanation. I asked, "Can you please email me some information rewarding that?" He answered, "Well, why?  Don't you believe me?"  I had to ask several times for that information.  He repeatedly replied, "Once we lock in, I will email you that information."  When I didn't take that for an answer, his next question was, "Is there a reason for not proceeding with this offer?" I answered, "Is there a reason why YOU don't want to send me that information?"  

I felt he was not being honest with me at all.  He asked for my credit card number at least three times when I initially mentioned that I would NOT make a decision today.  I felt very pressured.  Terrible treatment!  He kept questioning me about my decision to wait to ask around and inform myself.  

Ask around before you make a decision and give yourself the time to compare rates at different places.  Inform yourself!  

March 24
Profile picture for CraigElliott9
Stay as far away from Quicken Loans as you can. They get money up front, do not come through on promises, and their closing costs are more than double you would get locally. They wanted $4500+ from me, and I closed locally for under $1200. They tried to force me to use them after they pulled my Credit report 4 times. It dropped 30+ points, taking my high from 770 to 730, and the low dropped to mid 600s. So after they got done with it, I was left having a hard time going with anyone else. Having proof of this saved me with my local refinancer company. They tried to become a "Friend", so being personal would sucker you in. Every thing they did just was a sign of getting screwed. You can not beat the locals in your area. Just stay away from these con artists.

March 16

I'm not sure if there should be any money exchanged until the lender absolutely knows the purchaser not only qualifies but is in agreement he/she is moving forward with the refinance. That's just my opinion and how we do things...

March 14
There are plenty of lenders who do allow applicants to close "in trust", the standard procedure is to review the trust to ensure it meets program requirements and then at closing the borrower signs as trustee for their trust.

Other lenders prefer not to risk the liability of misinterpretation of a trust so they create a policy to disallow it completely. Moving in and out of trust is the work-around commonly used if the lender has this policy, but that is only necessitated by lender decision.

If a homeowners holds title in trust and wants to close in trust, they should be sure to ask when they submit their application if the lender will accomodate.

March 12
They run a theft of a show. They are scamsters!!!!!! I was looking for FHA loan online and QL rep contacted me. They ordered the appraisal while I was under attorney review. When they called me up before the appraisal I said don't do it now, but still they went ahead and did it. After this incidence, I didn't want to work with them. So, I told them I won't pay you a dime for this appraisal as I hadn't even agreed to get the mortgage with you, forget the appraisal.

But after a month, when I was talking another mortgage banker, I found out that they hadn't released my FHA case numbers(2 of them). And, for me to go ahead with this other mortgage company, QL should release the case number. That's where they show their real colors. They say that we can transfer the case number with no problem, but they had already attached this appraisal to the case number, all without my knowing. And to continue, FHA case number needs the exact same appraisal report. They asked me for $675 for releasing the appraisal, which is much higher than other appraisers in the market. And in the meanwhile, my current mortgage banker had also requested for appraisal. Essentially, I ended up paying twice for appraising the same property. I wouldn't recommend this company to ANYONE!

March 11

zich6, every lender I have ever worked with or placed a loan with has required homes in trust to be removed from the trust to close. Once closed, no big deal, you place the home back in trust. The trick is staying alive between closing and getting the home back in the trust.

Best wishes, Jim

February 28
Profile picture for zich6
My experience is only 4 months old, so I don't care how damn old the thread is.  The facts are the facts and mine are recent.  Those facts are that in addition to my bad experience in my 10/13 post, QL insisted we remove from our Trust our primary residence that we were using for a cash-out.  Not only did our Certified Financial Planner say "Hell No!" I defy anyone here to find CFP who would recommend doing so.  The risk is having our home go straight to probate.

The bottom line is that QL sells "cookie cutter" loans.  They are extremely inflexible and require you to fit their narrow mold.  The same is true of their customer service.

Did I use enough pronouns to convince you I'm not lying?

February 28