Profile picture for retroone

Anyone know of Modern/Contemporary/ Mid-Century-modern houses in Naples or Naples area?

We are new to Naples, still renting and are disappointed to see so little diversity in house styles. Everything is faux Tuscan. We are interested in a modern/ contemporary house - or if in renovated condition a Mid-Century Modern house. When I requested this from local realtors I received a blank stare.

September 16 2010 - Naples

@Retroone and 1957MidCentury: I very much understand your frustration.

The one complaint I hear most often from my buyers: "My other Realtor didn't get it" (I'm a modern architecture specialist on the other end of Alligator Alley, in the Miami-Fort Lauderdale-Palm Beach area).

Did you ever find a modern homes Realtor in Naples? I just received an inquiry for the area, but no one to refer them to. Any recommendations?

Thanks and all the best,
Tobias
[website removed by Zillow moderator]

Profile picture for 1957MidCentury
Yep.

You are right. Blank stares, Seen them. Realtors should have to take Architecture Classes. Lived here for 9 years. I found the Naples Mecca of Mid Century.

Try the RIdge Lake Area of Olde Naples. Basically West of 41 South of Golf Drive. Take 8th Street toward 5th Ave. Work your way Street by Street. Check out Broad Ct. North and South. Don't forget the alley ways! Many original or Second owner homes. Small Sq. Footage but large yards for additions without ruining front elevations. Many homes feature: Terrazzo, Original cabinets and Cool Carports. Good Luck and Welcome to Naples!

Good Evening: If you go into the production builder developments it will all be cookie cutter, bottom line. However if you look at custom built communities there will be a broad diversity of styles that exemplify the personality of the seller when they built or when the bought. I have also seen northern type homes although very rare. The key is you will need to look at custom built homes, not production builder. If you give me some clarification as to what specifically you are looking at, I would be delighted to hunt you up some stuff. I will need price point, location and such. I am from Upstate NY and can appreciate the front porch concept. In fact I work for a development in Ft. Myers as a listing agent where they have the front porch concept on many of their homes and they are priced in the low 200's. Let me know if you are interested. Regards, Chris Spina