Profile picture for mkorona

Anyone recently done an FHA 203(k) Streamline loan in WNY?

Looking for information on the streamline loan but am struggling to get help from realtor and lender. Has anyone recently completed one of these in the WNY area and can talk about their experience or refer me to lenders who are experienced?

We see great potential in this loan for us to be able to get a house and do cosmetic work like replace carpet with hardwood and upgrade HVAC to include central air, but the lack of concrete info worries me that this might not be a good idea. 
  • March 06 2013 - Buffalo
  • 0

There are a lot of experienced 203k lenders on the 203k contractor directory 203k lenders page. This directory also lists all of the certified 203k contractors nationwide and has a great FAQ section on the 203k.

Closing one tomorrow as a matter of fact. Few lenders offer it and even more realtors are scared of it (my experience). If you work with a structured process and system, know the short cuts and set proper expectations it is not that big of deal.

What questions do you have about it that I can answer for you. Contact me through my profile and I can overload you with all sorts of data as can anyone on this forum who does 203k's

I must ask, why does the 203K Streamline appeal to you over the Homestyle rehab loan, just curios?