Profile picture for REFIme2010

Anyone used AHC Lending out of Texas

Is AHC legit or another Amerisave?
  • August 31 2010 - US
  • 1

Profile picture for 58eugenia58
It is a scam in my view. It took money from the applicant to do an appraisal. Then, reject the application for a flimsy reason. In the process, money is made. The appraisal charged is higher than the average charge in the market.

Profile picture for pm nirja

I recently closed home loan with AhcLending. It went pretty smoothly. Closed my home within 3 weeks. I really love their website to monitor rates and fees. Since it was my first mortgage loan, I am not sure how to compare with other lenders in market. Overall I want to give them 5 Stars.

-Will from Dallas, TX.

Profile picture for jonw2014
After considerable research, I pulled trigger with AHC Lending for my Chicago home. I like their fee guarantees. My attorney said that he got docs two days before closing. That almost never happens with him. He was pleasantly surprised. My closing statement and all fees where 100% identical to what was on their site and my good faith estimate. I am very detailed oriented and watch to every single penny. They did not surprise me a bit.

Kudo's to AHC Lending. I will definitely use them in the future.

Jon in Windy City 

I just closed on my investment property purchase.  ahclending was great.  

I have worked with AHC Lending.  Twice as a matter of fact.  My wife and I originally bought our home in 2010.  When rates dropped so much we wanted to refinance in a 15 year term.  Our first experience with AHC was easy and straight forward but I shopped around just to make sure I was getting the best possible rate.  AHC came through again and the fact that they were upfront with their pricing helped seal the deal.  As a matter of fact, the fees stated on their site were actually identical to my closing statement.  I can say this; I had to turn in much more documentation this time; but its my understanding that lending has changed a lot since my original purchase in 2010.  I'm a good record keeper so this wasn't an issue.  They were responsive and honest - better yet they delivered.  Don't know what else one can expect from a Mortgage Lender.  But I know I had no problems with AHC and I feel comfortable recommending them to anyone. 

Stay away. I have a 800 Plus credit rating... Had not missed a payment in 26 years.. My appraisal came back 20K over than expected... and got reject due to lack of comps of 2 stories in my area.. !! STAY AWAY.

Went with Penfed and just closed with a better rate and very very smooth...
They have a mortgage status that AHC does not. After I submitted all the docs to AHC 3 weeks of crickets went by and I had to call them, They told me then it was not looking good. Out $400 bucks now and they are horrible.

BUY BEWARE.

GO with Penfed if you can these guys are horrible

I have use AHCLending out of Dallas for my past 2 refi's on my San Jose home and one Condo purchase. I have nothing but good things to say about AHC Lending. All my transactions were easy and smooth. I got exactl what they promised. Never was there any surprises at all. They do ask for lots of documentation. These days, who does not. I had no problem providing documents to them. I would recommend AHCLending to anyone. In fact, I wanted to have my in-laws refi their North Carolina property but AHC does not do business in NC. I wish they did.

PG, San Jose, CA.  

Profile picture for Truetexan

Profile picture for Raju1946

I used AHCLending for my home purchase in Houston. AHC asked me to share my experience here in this forum. I have not been compensated in any way by AHC.

Best part about AHC was that they are very transparent in their pricing policy. I did real get what I saw online when I locked. All Rate options were available to me. In my case I only had 23 days to close on my home. They did close it in time.  They gave good written instructions to follow and I did exactly that. I belive that helped me a great deal.

Only negative part was that they don't have a local Houston office and operate out of Dallas. I am 65 years old and like to do business face to face. But I was attracted to their Rates and did not mind working over the phone. It did not matter anyway after all since I emailed and faxed all my information to them.

All in all, I would work with AHC again.

Raj Kumar (Houston)

Profile picture for Harvinder Chawla
Please disregard my comments on Zillow to Chris and AHCLending. I misunderstood terms of your original offer and posted this harsh message that was completely unwarranted. AHC is certainly not a fraud company. Just to let everyone know that AHC Lending has provided me good service and I am closing on my home with AHC Lending this week.

Profile picture for Truetexan
Chris Brancato and everyone I talked to at this company were incompetent. The list of things they wanted grew longer and longer. The longer they took the higher the rates and fees went up. Use another lender this one is terrible!

Profile picture for Harvinder Chawla
I have used AHC lending. They are fraud and they never stick to what they promise. I talked to Chris Brancato and my experience was really bad.