Anyway to qualify for a fha mortgage with a credit score of about 600?

I would really like to buy a house within the next 5 months or so.  My credit score is about 600-610.  I would have 3.5% to put down.  Is this possible?  

September 10 2013 - Niceville

Very possible!  Google PRMI FHA Choice program.

Yes! Fortunately, there are lenders like myself that have been able to give people FHA loans with credit scores as low as 580. It's also great that you have the 3.5% down already but be prepared for other costs like closing costs as well when the time comes. Another thing to keep in mind between now and the next 5 months is to not make any big purchases like buying a car. Also, continue to pay all payments and debt on time to keep your credit score up. Right now, I recommend that you speak with a lender like myself that would be more that willing to speak with you and help you get the loan that you need.

If you have any other questions or need a loself promotion deleted by Zillow moderator. Please see our Good Neighbor Policy for posting guidelines]

I hope this helps and good luck!

An FHA loan will allow the seller to pay up to 6% of the purchase price towards your loan closing costs. These would include the loan fees, title work and pre-paids.
On a $100K purchase, that would be up to $6K the seller could pay for you.

Yes you can qualify for an FHA loan at a 600 score. Many lenders will not work with a credit score that low but there are a few that will work with a fico down to 580. Contact a local lender in your area and see what programs they have to offer. Good luck.

I do have a very strong, stable work history, 10 years with same employer. If I do have a down payment, are there options to help with closing costs?  Can I get a pre approval without a hard inquiry on my credit report?  I have been working on improving my score.

yes, I have done couple of loans at 600 FICO. It can be done but the "file" must be strong (good income, stable job, fair credit) I recommend to get pre approved first. let us know if we can help. good luck!

In real estate and lending most things are possible. You need to talk to a trusted lender and get a preapproval. If you are not in a position to buy now you should have a plan to improve your credit score.

I know of lenders who can do FHA loans in the 600-639 credit score range. Please email me for information. [Spam content removed by Zillow moderator due to violation of Good Neighbor Policy.]