Approval Process

I am a Maryland resident and wants to buy a Town house around 470K. I am working in the software field from several years. I am working as a consultant for a Federal Government Health Care projects for the past 6 years and most recently started a company. I have an excellent Credit History with 800. Earlier I used to work as a full-time employee but now I have decided to work for my own self-employment company. I am looking for a Morgage Lender who can give some good attractive rates.

March 07 2012 - Downingtown

I am licensed to lend in PA and live in PA, please feel free to contact me directly to review this.....
That said the self employment is a potential pitfall but if you are under contract that may assist.
Again though there are MANY variable for each person involved in a mortgage so the only way to get a solid answer is to contact a lender an work through your options!

A mortgage lender will ask you for documents to submit to their underwriter and determine if they should lend you the money to buy a home.  They just want to see that you can and will pay back the loan.

Usually they ask to see 2 years of tax returns, 2 recent bank statements and pay stubs and your monthly debt to pre-approve you.

You should shop around.  The rate they throw at you will be based on how much of a risk they feel you would be.  Going off of what you are saying, doesn't seem like you are much risk unless the self-employment is going sour.

Have you spoken with any local mortgage brokers? That would be a great start.