Are Door Hangers Legal?

I'm afraid of the answer to this question, considering i just purchased 500 door hangers....but here goes....Would it be a good idea to place door hangers in apartment buildings that say "Tired of Renting"?  I don't know what brought me to think of advertising myself this way, I guess I've been stuck on trying to reach out to first time home buyers.  I just would like to know if this is legal first off.  Would I need the apartment complex's permission?  I'm sure they would say no once they saw what the door hangers said.  And would I legally be allowed to place them if there was not a "no soliciting" sign when you entered the complex?  Just tossing this question out there for all the veteran agents.
  • May 14 2010 - US
  • 0

Please check your local laws,  some communities have banned these hangers.

I did a similar one time ad promotion that targeted apartment buildings. I did get one irate phone call from a landlord but that was in reference to the ad copy that was 'eye catching' to say the least. I got only one complaint, but also no business from the piece.

Profile picture for rockinblu
Being retired and wanting freedom from the maintenance of a house, we sold and downsized to a very nice apartment in a gated complex. We find ads from carry out restaurants and movers quite often stuck in our door jamb. There must not be a problem with it here as one restaurant does it regularly. I think at most you might get a call from the apt. manager telling you not to do it again. I'd go for it.