Profile picture for genovaeric

Are homes located next to a place of worship a good or bad thing?

I'm looking at a house that is next to a church, with another church acorss the street. I'm wondering if this is considered a negative feature for a home.

January 27 2009 - Belmont

Profile picture for sfbayhousing

The traffic is bad and the street is always fully parked on a church nearby my place.

Jeff
http://www.sfbayhousing.com

Profile picture for Lawsen
Nice question, But I think there must be a church near a house, So that the person can live happily. I too have a house near a church and the church is too near from my home that I can easily hear the prayer while sitting at my house. I have searched this house through a website which i want to share with you. http://www.mypeninsulahomesearch.com/

tuff one....as much as i love the church community i am not sure i would want to live next to the place of worship if it had a big congrigation...i may worry about my kids getting hit by a car...people blocking my drive way ect. but if they have plenty of their own parking and its not a freeway before and after service i may not mind.

for sure take a spin by there on a service day and check out how affected the property may be by it?

i think being in the AREA of a traditional church would be a good thing...just not RIGHT next to it.

Sundays will be busy. Drop by the chuches and check the events calendar, they, most likley, won't mind, and then go there during those times. SV is right. It depends on events, traffic and church bells at 8:00 Sunday morning? Don't be affraid to ask, they would probably like to be good neighbors.

It depends on the amount of traffic on the street in general, how often the church is used for functions (days a week, type of gathering, number of people that come) and whether parking or congestion is a problem.  It is not automatically negative, but for a private house traffic or parking issues are never good for value by themselves.