Profile picture for MarineView

Are there any Exclusive Buyers Agents in Edmonds, WA? If so how would one find them?

• February 19 2010 - Edmonds
  • 0

Yes Mr. Howard is right with his clarification. Exclusive buyer agency is defined as an company and agent who only work for buyers. Never taking listings and never acting in the best interest of a seller.

That undivided loyalty is one reason why so many consumers groups and experts recommend buyers speak to at least one exclusive buyer's agent before they choose a real estate professional to work with.

I met Nancy Palmer there many years ago and I know she works in the area. Joy March out of Seattle is a lot of fun but I don't know if she would cover Everett. They were both exclusive buyer's agent companies the last time I checked.

There are two Exclusive Buyer Brokerages that serve Edmonds WA. One is located in Seattle and the other in Everett.

You can get a referral to them by going to www.naeba.org (The website of the National Association of Exclusive Buyer Agents.)

For the record, it appears that most or all of those who answered offering to be your 'exclusive buyer agent' do not understand (or hope that you do not understand)  the legal meaning of the term>  An EBA (Exclusive Buyer Agent)  is defined by NAEBA and NAR as an agent working for a brokerage that never represents sellers. 

Profile picture for patlordagent
I would be happy to be your exclusive buyer's agent!

I live and work in Edmonds and to answer your question, any Realtor could be an Exclusive Buyers agent, this would be something a Real Estate professional does daily along side of listing homes.  If your asking if any agents work ONLY with Buyers...the answer would be only if they are unable to secure listings in their normal line of business.  No successful agent that I know of would ONLY work with buyers, they would list homes and work with buyers at the same time as part of their normal business plan (if they have a business plan...).
If you are searching for agents and they claim to be exclusive buyers agents and they have no listings....personally, I would be weary.
Locally Known ~ Nationally Recognized Top 2%

If you mean, brokerages that do not list properties but only represent buyers, I think the answer is: no, there are not.

The weak link in Exclusive Buyer Agency is that the agents do not experience the listing side of things; understanding where Sellers are likely to be coming from can benefit buyers quite well.

View 'Zillow All Stars" in Edmonds in the "Directory" tab. If you haven't already done so, attend a Home Buyer Workshop to receive info on the latest news in the housing industry (ie Fix Rate Zero Down Loans)
Visit my organization's website for more info and resources.

Cheers!

Personal recommendation is one of the best ways to find an agent. Ask your friends and neighbors who they would (or would not) recommend. Or call a local real estate office and talk to the broker about what you are looking for in an agent and ask them to recommend someone from their office that fits your needs. Happy house hunting!

I am a Real Estate Professional and I know Edmonds quite well.  I could be your buyers agent, please let me know what type of property you're looking for, my e-mail is [content removed by moderator]

Hi MarineView,

I would be very happy to assist you if you haven't alreaady chosen an agent.  I am detail oriented and able to quickly find the perfect home that meets your criteria. I have sold many homes in the Edmonds area. Please feel free to contact me if I can be of assistance.

Most agents that work with buyer's will represent them exclusively as a buyer's agent. I think it mostly comes down to finding an agent that you get along with and possesses the qualities you are looking for to help you find a home, represent your interests, and successfully negotiate you through a transaction.