Profile picture for DFWCHAZ

Are there any Texas banks that use Zillow Zestimates for appraised value?

  • August 26 2009 - South Boulevard-Park Row Historic
  • 0
    0Yes

  • Report a Problem

    Please enter a valid email address.

    Content flagged

    We will review this content. Thanks for helping make the site more useful to everyone. To learn more, read Zillow's Good Neighbor Policy.

    We're sorry. This service is temporarily unavailable. Please come back later and try again.

Be a Good Neighbor. Be respectful and on-topic. No spam or self-promotion! See our Good Neighbor Policy.

 
 

Answers (2)

Short answer  - no. I don't know of any bank or mortgage brokerage that would accept a 'zestimate' as an accurate value.
  • November 12 2009
  • 0Yes

  • Report a Problem

    Please enter a valid email address.

    Content flagged

    We will review this content. Thanks for helping make the site more useful to everyone. To learn more, read Zillow's Good Neighbor Policy.

    We're sorry. This service is temporarily unavailable. Please come back later and try again.

I really hope not.  They would be digging a bigger hole for the mortage industry and appraisers would be out of a job!!!

Zillow themselves claim that their "zestimates" are about 35% off in DFW.  I think it's more around 70%-80%.  The other 20% if from those actual homeowners that entered the value of their home themselves.

TX is a non disclosure state.

Naima
  • September 02 2009
  • 1Yes

  • Report a Problem

    Please enter a valid email address.

    Content flagged

    We will review this content. Thanks for helping make the site more useful to everyone. To learn more, read Zillow's Good Neighbor Policy.

    We're sorry. This service is temporarily unavailable. Please come back later and try again.