Are there any good sites/books to get good info on buying your first home?

January 07 2013 - Greenwood

It also depends on what type of information/details you are seeking. Do you want to know more about locations, pricing changes, the housing market, etc.? That would determine which website would be a good stop for you to seek particular information.

Have an awesome day!

Is so many real estate sites that they give very informative points for a first time home buyers like Realtors.com, Zillow, Trulia.  It will be a good idea if you can get as much information as you can from diferent sources, before you select a buyer's agent that can help you with your research for the right house.

Maria Cipollone

Profile picture for Dunes ..
HUD
First Time Home Buyer Info about the Process & Excellent Info/Resources for any Buyer..Buying a Home

Provided by the Federal Gov..Find the Right Loan, you can search for specific information, compare options, or take a short questionnaire to determine your eligibility for each program. GovLoan.com

Everyone imo should read the Information on the Department Of Justice
Anti-Trust Division Web Site about all the options Consumers actually have
New business models are emerging that allow consumers to save thousands of dollars when they buy or sell a home

Learning info on other Loan options/programs & properties available
REO-Bank Owned Properties
Many Banks have created Sites for the Public to use (For Free) to view and find Information about Loans & the Properties they have Listed for Sale
Sites Like..Bank of America...Wells Fargo

You can find links to Bank sites here...Link

The Fed Gov has Sites for its Properties for sale
HUD Homes...Fannie Mae
You can find the links to all the Gov sites here...Link

Lots of info available
Good Luck

Here's a link to Zillow's section called "Buyer's Roadmap".    The HUD website is also a good section.

Kudos to you for recognizing that study upfront is an important part of the process before contacting professionals.

I suggest that you check out the Housing and Urban Development (HUD) website.  There is a wealth of information about being a first time homebuyer.  I see you live in Greenwood.  If you send me your mailing address (or email), I'd be happy to send you some information about being a first time homebuyer.

Also, feel free to ask me anything that you may be confused about or don't understand, etc.  I'd be happy to help you in your real estate search and guide you.  You can email me, text me or call me and let me know what you are looking for.  I can also let you know the steps you need to take to start the homebuying process.  For instance, one of the first things you should do is go to a lender and get pre-qualified for a mortgage loan.  They will give you a letter saying how much home you are qualified to buy.  Then you should contact realtor and start checking out homes on one of the search websites like Zillow, Trulia or PrudentialIndiana.com.

I look forward to hearing from you and helping you in any way I can.  My phone number is [Website removed by Zillow moderator. Please see our Good Neighbor Policy for more information.]