Profile picture for goody63

Are there any goverment programs to help laid off americans

I was wondering if there are any goverment programs ARRA. I have heard of homeowners who are out of work through no fault of there own getting rate reductions. I am current on my mortgage and have good credit. I am laid off due to the recession and i think that was the intention of the programs To help people until they get back on there feet. If there are programs who would i talk to. Thanks for your help.
  • May 10 2009 - Westfield
  • 0

In order to answer this I need a little more info. First of all, if you are receiving severance, unemployment, or SSI, many mortgage companies will work with you. If your loan is through a credit union, you may be able to receive assistance from them. Was that the only income, or there other money coming in? Do you have savings? All these factors make a difference in the kind of assistance you will receive.