Profile picture for dianetracy

Are there any lenders out there that will provide a mortgage with less than a 620 credit score?

• April 29 2010 - South Orange

I can go down to 580, but unless you are in a super hurry, improving the score to at least 620 is the best route to take.

great advice jonathan.....  find a high quality loan officer to work with and they will head you the right direction regardless if it takes one week or one year.... stay the course and best of luck to you....

Of course there are. I would contact a local loan officer to get started!

Profile picture for DaveAndersson
Try looking up AFR (American Financial Resources), they are a NJ based lender who does FHA loans down to a 580 credit score. They offer both wholesale and retail lending.

Yes, there are.  And, I would recommend contacting Doug.

Diane,

I may be able to help you. Click on my profile and call or e-mail me directly. I've been in the mortgage industry for 25 years and will be glad to assist.

I do a lot of work with Wells Fargo and they havea program whereby they allow a credit score of 600. If you need the name of a good represenitive from Wells, let me know. I'll be happy to pass her name on to you.

Do yourself a huge favor and work on getting that score up to at least 620.  It may take a little time.  However there are only a few outlets out there doing FHA loans under 620.  You do not want to pigeon hole yourself into only having one or two options.  Plus you will be saving 1000's from higher rates and fees.

Dianetracy: My team and I will work with you. Regards,

Profile picture for Justin Kennedy
I offer FHA down to 600 score and USDA with no score limit ( USDA funding in question at this time). Score may not only be the reason for concern. A full review or your credit  and application is required to meet the loan program, credit score and credit profile/tradeline requirments

* i offer this as advice only, this is not a commitment to lend.

I always think of a credit score as a starting point, not some score etched in stone.  Credit scores can be improved if you analyze the report and figure out what is pulling down the score.

Sometimes just paying down some credit cards or opening up some additional lines of credit will do the trick.  Sometimes the information on your report is inaccurate and needs to be updated.

Even if you could get a mortgage with a 620 (doubtful), you'd pay a real penalty in terms of a higher interest rate to compensate for the low score.

Find a good lender and work with them on a strategy.  That is my best advice.