Are there any lenders that will lend for an investment property with less than 20% down?

My fiancée and I are looking at properties but do not have 20% down. We both have 700+ credit scores. We also are looking at the possibility of buying a duplex. Any help would be greatly appreciated
  • May 01 2014 - Georgetown
  • 0

Usually 20% or above is the common down payment for investment properties. There are other options out there that can go lower but you will need to have strong finances. As long as you seem like a good candidate to lend to, then it can be likely that you can find a investment loan with less than 20% down. The best thing for you to do is to speak with a knowledgeable lender to see if you can get started on financing a new home. If you need additional assistance, feel free to reach out. Good luck!

Yes-

There are definitely some products and programs that are available for you. I have a product that will allow only 10% down on such a property for well qualified borrowers. And with 700+ credit score you should be in consideration as long as you both have the income and assets to back as well.

If you have any additional questions or would like to know more about the products or programs feel free to reach out to me via my zillow profile.

Good luck

I have sold investment homes to buyers with less than 20% down, so yes there are those loans out there. You should start talking with lenders and mortgage brokers in your area.