Are there any lenders who will refinance a second that is underwater? I do not qualify for HARP an

Are there any lenders that will refinance a second mortgage that is underwater?   I do not qualify for HARP 2.0 and my lender doesn't participate in HARP.
  • October 18 2012 - US

Best Answer

At this point there is not, but you can always check with another lender to see if they can do something for you. You don't necessarily have to use your own lender. We recommend to ask a mortgage broker. Hope this can help.

I definitely do not qualify for HARP.   Thank you for the advice.  I will contact a mortgage broker.

Is the loan owned by Fannie or Freddie and taken out prior to 5/29/2009 and paid as agreed for the last 12 months? If so you do qualify for a HARP refinance. If the current lender does not do them there is others that can. Review my profile.