Are there real homeowners, or prospective buyers that benefit from the service Zillow provides?

• March 30 2011 - Naples
  • 0

I would use this only as one of your tools to get you through buying/selling. You can never get online the Customer Service and knowledge of a Seasoned Professional, especially when it comes to negotiation. 
Online information is great to have but a full service REALTOR will bring much more to the table.

I think so.  I believe that the info on Zillow provides a forum for dicussion between  buyers, sellers, lending professionals & real estate agents.

Profile picture for Dunes ..
you=your ;)

Profile picture for Dunes ..

Consumers....
Consider the Source ...look around and make up you own minds

I think Zillow is a great tool for buyers, sellers as well as real estate aagents.  I know that since I have been more active on here my business has increased.  More and more consumers are learning about it and using it as tool when searching for homes.  The only thing I wish is that it was a little more up to date.  Sometimes the information can be pretty old. 

Yes, I believe a lot of people will benefit from Zillow. Zillow receives a lot of hits everyday and is becoming a very big name in the real estate world. I recommend it highly.

Yes,
I got 2 deals closed because they were posted in Zillow faster then in MLS...
If you have qualified buyers ready to go as soon as you find the desireable property for them I would recomend to look at Zillow twice a day.
Lana

Profile picture for riteandready2buy
Yes!!  I found my home on Zillow!!! Told my realtor about it.   He pulled it up on MLS and now it's mine.   I refer many people to it,  Hey it may not have the most accurate numbers for sales, but I was able to find more info as a lay person.   The most important piece of info I got was at the tax appraisal office.   It was a bankowned property and found many negative reviews on the bank.  I knew I didnt want to go with them,  told my agent ahead of time, so when they asked, he knew to say NO!!! They did ask, we said no and meant it.    I was not flexible about it, they refuse to cover certain items, refused to sell to me at first, what should have been a one-two punch in the sale ended up being a 4 month transaction.   They did lower   the price at the end. 

Profile picture for Dunes ..
Yes but you (PROS?) may not like how it Benefits them

Here's the Real Deal. 2007 til 2012 - 5 Years

5 years of Graduates from College many with significant debt
22 23 24 25 26 years old and what have THEY seen, watched, learned the last 5  years?
Are they Trusting? Gonna believe you're credible because you say so?
Each one of them 100 times better than you when using the Internet.

Find a Report/Study/Statistics/local info/codes/owners/Sales
Child's Play for them

What is their Future lookin like?

In 2013 they will be 23 24 25 26 27
In 2014 they will be 24 25 26 27 28
Ever hear of "Buyers Pool"? Do the Math

Do we need to discuss those who now are 28 29 30 31 32
In 2012 they will be and in 2013
Those who  will be Freshmen in 2012 will be
What have they experienced, seen, learned in the Last 5 Years?
What will they see in the next year and the next?

YES all those people and more will benefit because they can see who you are, read what you say and verify/question what you do
Zillow's Services will/DOES benefit them

Will they, do they benefit the "PROS" in the way they think or hope they will in the short term or long term or aid in creating any type of positive image/public perception?
I don't think so

My sellers like the reports that Zillow generates and they can see all the page views/hits they are getting.  My buyers like the Zillow app.  Allows them to see all homes in the area and what they sold for.  Also like the "zestimate", which I have to remind them isn't always accurate.

My sellers have seen signifigantly more buyers looking at their home becuase of Zillow. Most agents on Zillow respond to inquiries quickly which in turn benefits the seller!

Profile picture for Rita Walker
Yes. My Sellers get more potential Buyer's viewing their homes when my listings are syndicated on Zillow. Potential Buyers can make inquiries for specific information, making a more informed Buyer or Seller.

However, Zillow is not a substitute for the education and experience of a Real Estate Professional. Buyers and Sellers should have a good Real Estate Agent representing their interest.

Profile picture for SteadyState
Zillow has helped me get educated and become aware about the nuances of buying, funding, and selling a home. So yes - I thank Zillow and the Zillow community on the board for helping me and many like me.

When buying property some people look at the county tax assessment of a home as part of the equation  to determine a home's value.  Tax assessments are notoriously wrong.  I have first hand experience that Zillow can be more accurate because it looks at other internet statistical data.  It's at least another valuation that should be considered.  Ultimately if at all possible the value of a home should always be determined by the market and of other recent comparable homes sold.  Determining the value of a home is an "art" not a science.

Profile picture for Tom Gross
Absolutely, I have had several clients use Zillow to search for homes.

Yes!  It is a great point to start from! 

This can be a starting point. So when a realtor comes to your home. You at least have idea on the market. Sometimes zillow will not be very accurate or up to date. SO be prepared that this is not the final word. Zillow may be off a bit. Good luck

Nicole
this is an OLD posting, please be aware of dates. Its been well answered.

I believe Buyers and Sellers both benefit in some ways.  Zillow provides Buyers and Sellers a baseline of where property values are for a given neighborhood. Since research shows that Buyers begin their search online a minimum of 6 months before they start going out to physically look at homes, Zillow gives Buyers the opportunity to get familiar with the market without feeling "pressured".  While the Sellers may balk at the Zestimate if it is inaccurate/low, it is our job to educate them and/or a potential Buyer as to what can cause a low Zestimate .  At the same time, in some cases we have the opposite problem, whereby there are not many recent comps (e.g., more rural areas) and the Zestimate comes out to be much higher than what the true market value for the home is. I feel that sites like Zillow are great tools for marketing listings and bringing in Buyers, but clients still need us to guide them in accurately pricing/negotiating a price for their homes or it can be detrimental to the ultimate success of them buying and/or selling a home.

Awesome story Julie and congratulations on your first sale! :)

I just recently became a Realtor (March 2011) and started with Zillow ads.  I listed my first home and sold it within 3 weeks from buyers looking on Zillow.  I receive mutliple calls from the lead department- which I've learned almost sounds like a telemarketer for Zillow- my office assistant and I hung up a couple times before we knew the call prompt!  So, from a rookie, I believe it's been useful to my buyers so far.

Profile picture for Wrightkym
I think Zillow assists both homeowners and buyers.  I think for buyers, it is fairly obvious, they can really search through neighborhoods, see basic property values and types of homes that are for sale.  I think the homeowners use this quite a bit as well.  I often talk to homeowners that are thinking of selling or remodeling, they will go to Zillow to see where homes are currently selling.  This helps them make intelligent decisions on remodel decisions or prepares them prior to selling their home.

What a great story of Zillow bringing an agent, house and buyer together!

Here is a great Zillow experience . . . I sold a home in June, in which I was marketing on Zillow.  I was contacted (an email through Zillow) by a potential buyer in regards to my listing.  As a child, she had grown up in the home I had listed on Zillow.  I got her qualified as a first-time home buyer and she bought the home she fell in love with a 4% interest rate.  Needless to say, the seller was also extremely happy of the resulting sale, all because of Zillow!

Buyers greatly benefit from Zillow by making their home search easier and connecting them with a professional real estate agent in their area. Sellers sometimes fight the Zestimate figures but if the agent is doing his/her job, they can show the buyer/seller the actual market value of a home so a fair value can be offered on the home. 

There is no substitute for due-dilegence.  The more you can research and learn the better decisions you will make.

Zillow has risen to the top in providing a range of services that both my buyers and sellers seems to find great value  in.

I am considering buyer investment property outside of my area and I use Zillow...and I'm a Realtor.  Zillow is easy to navigate and it also provides great data of local markets.  I have also found a Realtor to work with by using Zillow.  I usually look for Realtors who post quality content, have lots of "Contribution Points" and who seem knowledgeable about the market.  Zillow isn't one of the best Real Estate sites for no reason! 

Absolutely, I deal with buyers all over the world looking to purchase a home in Arizona. By using Zillow they can contact a Realtor who is familiar with the area, knows price points, amenities, and contracts from that state.  

Profile picture for workabee
Seriously dude. Your sad little red hen wearing an shiny "R" analogy makes me think that the R stands for something other than Realtor. Sit down already.

You can not skip, overlook, not consider the invaluable component a local real estate agent, broker, REALTOR is to the "what is my home, house worth" query. The local market fluctuations, customs, supply and everything in between with each and every real estate sale. Automation, looking up the answer like Jeopardy in split second on a Droid or using a shout out maneuver is not how the real estate hokey pokey is done. Hey.

The personal behind the scenes life of the owner, discussed in private, considered and applied to the strategy of how the listing should be priced, handeled requires someone wearing the hardest letter in the entire alphabet. The little red hen. The blue and gold shiny "R".

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4