Are there real homeowners, or prospective buyers that benefit from the service Zillow provides?

• March 30 2011 - Naples
  • 0

I appreciate the trend information for the neighborhoods and zip codes. The sold house data is also very nice to have available and advice is a great place to get helpful information or ask professional agents/lenders questions.

Zillow's resources for finding out school information, area demographics and local resources are extremely useful. When price shopping, Zillow prices are a comparative analysis based on publicly available data, and it may help you find properties to discuss with your Realtor, who may have additional local knowledge to help you assess the market value of a property.

Absolutely!  Alot of information is available here on Zillow.  Just beware that the zestimates are just that.....an estimate, not the true market value of the home.  Check with your Realtor who can provide comps in your neighborhood. 

Profile picture for Kris Hazard
Aloha Sergio
  I answer yes! My clients talk to me regularly about what they find on Zillow and I do get several inquires from potential buyers asking questions on properties.
 There have been a few instances where the homeowner just wanted info and clicked the wrong button making it seem like they are interested in a market analysis.. however over all, I think it is a good service that is unbiased.
One issue that I struggle with occasionally, is that in my area, you have widely diverse price ranges of homes right down the street from each other, and sometimes the zestimate is off quite a bit for a particular property.
All in all, I do think it is a good service and or tool for buyers or sellers to use to familarize themselves with any market..

I use zillow to find more information about any property that comes along I might be interested in.

A good example is a house that is for sale now for $178k that sold in 2000 for $68k. It is not worth that amount. I will wait to buy until we go back to historic pricing.

The local information page is also a big plus. Seeing that a given area is falling helps me to wait longer to buy.

I also use the Q&A section often hoping to find some more useful information I lack. I do find some from time to time.

Yes. I find their market trend information, past sales information and median information a valuable tool. It saves me a lot of trips to the recorder's office.

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4