Profile picture for drlhall

Are there significant advantages to dealing with a local bank when taking out a home loan?

A national lender in another state is offering me an interest rate that is .125% lower than the local bank where I have my savings.  Is it better to go with a local bank in spite of this difference in rates?

February 07 2010 - Greenville

If I were you I would base my decision on service and price, If the out of state broker is offering you a lower rate and great service I would say go for it.  It all depends on your comfort and trust level.  Good Luck!

February 07 2010
First, it depends on the amount of fees associated with the lower rate. Secondly, there are benefits to staying local.

I would talk to a local Mortgage Broker, before I commited to the Bank. Tommy Ray, at Evergreen Mortgage and Financial, 864-235-4994, would be a great person to call. Tell him Hamp sent you. He'll take good care of you.

Call me at my contact number on my profile. I'll help you keep your Lender honest.

February 07 2010