Are we at a "bottom" as far as interest rates go and housing prices in the DFW area?

I believe, as a 20 year professional in the business, that we are enjoying the buying opportunity of a lifetime!
  • October 20 2011 - Murphy
  • 0

My crystal ball is broken, and I have no intention of replacing it for now.  Who really knows what is ahead of us.  Remember how frequently we used to hear that the bubble was going to burst....well it did finally burst, but we did not know when.  Same now.  Have we buttommed down?  Maybe and then maybe not.

I would need to see the numbers from your area before I could agree.There has been a lot of bottom calling. Numbers in Texas are hard for the public to come by, so who knows if you're really right or not. If you have hard stats from the MLS, please post them. I'm sure it would be appreciated.

Many agents and buyers felt that 2-3 years ago Texas RE was bottomed. Now prices and rates have both softened so it seems they were a bit premature in that assumption.